Raised Tub for Fish and Furry Pets

Uberhoust

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Finally, finished my raised tub for the laundry room. The objective is to have a tub that is easy to work while standing. Allows me to wash tanks up to 30 gallons inside where it is warm, clean off glass covers for all my tanks without them hanging over the kitchen sink. It also allows full rinsing of dirty outdoor gear, and dog, but at a comfortable height. Based on a similar setup I built in the late seventies for a darkroom setup we had.

Doors to the laundry room are only 28" wide, but the tub is 30" so the frame had to be constructed in the garage then taken apart and re-assembled in the laundry room.

Doesn't look like much but with my arthritis it makes washing tasks associated with my fish and dog a lot easier. Built it strong enough that you could use it as a bath if you needed.

Right now it only has a normal faucet and drain system, but going to put in a large capacity trap to catch gravel and sand for indoor cleaning of these items, and a thermostatic water mixer so I can just set the temp of the water for filling operations.

20240323_164842.jpg

After the old utility tub was removed. Had to seal the back wall due to water damage from the old sink, as it will be covered I did not fix the dry wall, I am not good at drywall work.

20240323_170118.jpg

Assembly of the frame, the frame is constructed of 5/8 aspen plywood, just to be safe I elevate it 1.5" off the floor with painted treated blocks.

20240324_121748.jpg

Tub and faucet in place. Still need to put silicone along the tub edge, debating whether to put a finish on the tub edge but that is not needed yet. Dog has been watching the construction with trepidation.

That’s a nice set up there . Just what a guy needs . I like what you said about it being a comfortable height . That’s more important than what many realize especially if you use it a lot . Nice neat installation too by the way .

Most reactions

trending

Back