Quick Stocking Question

TheChards

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 28, 2008
Messages
88
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Reading, UK
Hi all,

I should soon be getting a second fish tank from some friends who want to get rid of it. I think it's around 120-litres, maybe as much as 150-litres. However, as I'm excited about this, I've been planning what I'd like to put in it and have arrived at the following:

1 x Angelfish
2 x Dwarf Gourami (moved in from existing tank)
4 x Bosemani Rainbowfish (moved in from existing tank)
4 x Bronze Cory

and hopefully...

2 x Kribs (preferably a pair)

I've read around and am fairly convinced that everything apart from the Kribs should be fine together. However, I've read conflicting info about the Kribs and don't know whether or not it would be a good idea to keep them with the other fish.

Any advice?

Many thanks,
Dan
 
angel fish get b ig and you need a very tall tank
 
Hi, thanks for your reply.

The tank that I am hoping to get currently has an angel fish living in it which has been in there for as long as I've known the friends who own the fish tank and it has always seemed healthy and happy. It is quite a tall tank although I don't have the exact measurements but I'm fairly sure it will be tall enough for the angel, it's the kribs I'm worried about...

Thanks,
Dan
 
Are you sure this is true about Bosemanis that they need to be in a group of 6 or more? I now know that they like to be kept in groups but I've never read that groups have to be of at least 6...
 
Agree with drobby, yes they do like to kept in large groups and at least a 4ft tank 55g for them.
 
I know it stinks, but it is better for the fish. The internet says that they need to be on groups of 3, but IME and from what I have learned on rainbow forums they need to be in groups of 6 or more with 10 to 12 being ideal.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top