questions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

94AztecClassic

Reaction score
well i bought a marine fishes book and i read it. i am still confused on somethings though. will live rocks require more light in order for algae to form to feed the rocks? I live in the UK, where can i buy live rocks from? are lionfish good to keep with other fish?

For the lionfish question-we had a lionfish. it did fine with yellow tang, blue, tang, clownfish. i can't remember what else. oh! we had a wrasse with it

Live rock - needs a fair bit of light, not as extreme as for some corals but generally more than a normal hood. I have 2 x 36w PC lights on my 20 gal nano reef. You can get live rock on-line/mail order (I got some from Tri-Mar in Cornwall shipped to me which was good quality) or from a good marine LFS. PFK magazine lists one in Norfolk - Giant Pet Store, Unit H2 Twickenham Road, Norwich NR6 6NG - I have no idea what sort of standard they are. Maybe some other members in your area can recommend a good LFS....

Lion fish - from saltcorner.com: "Their diet in the wild consists of small fishes and crustaceans and they vacuum-in anything within reach with their large mouth. Keep this in mind if you decide to house it with smaller fishes as they will be considered food and be eaten. Also, they are prone to fin nipping and should not be housed with any tankmates that will think their fins a good meal." and "Dendrochirus are perfectly suited for smaller aquariums, such as a 20 gallon aquarium" and "Pterois ... should be housed in nothing less than a 75 gallon aquarium". A lot depends on what other fish you want in the tank and how big the tank is.

Do your reasearch - search on the web, ask questions here. Make sure you have as much information as possible.

HTH, Eddie

Most reactions

trending

Back