Question

PJGuppies

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I feed my fry 2-3 times a day...I am going to cut back to 2 a day cause I am trying to lower my Nitrites which may be caused by overfeeding , anyways I went to Petsmart to get some stuff and I was telling the girl that worked there about my problem and I told her how often I was feeding my babies, and she like to freaked out !!!! She said you "are feeding way to much I would only feed every other day" I looked at her and said "for baby fish?!?!?" She said yes thats what she does..Am I the only one who thinks this is the studipist thing I have ever heard??

Am I feeding too much?
The babies are 1 month, 7 days, 4 days, and 1 day

i have babies and i feed them 4-6 times a day. (just little bits at a time) i was told to feed guppies babies and adults if when you go to the tank and they come over to you they are hungry. my babies live in just a little bowl with no filter just air and i do weekly water changes and they are doing very well.

I feed my baby guppies and mollies 3-4 times a day, just a little bit. This does mean I have to hoover those tanks twice a week though because of the lowered filtration :D Maybe the clerk doesn't care if the babies thrive or just survive?

I feed my new born fry 3-4 times a day for about two weeks until they move on to flake foods then i feed them twice a day morning and night.

I change the water twice a week and test the water every two to three days.

Obvioursly the more you feed the dirtier the water becomes.

i dont think fish babies are any different to any other babes, they all need feeding little and often. i feed my babies mollies 3 times a day, :) pebbles

PJGuppies, don't blame the girl at the store, she probably got that information from someone who don't know better. :lol:

I would feed as much as they can eat, no extra. If they are not eating, don't feed until later. That way you don't have much to clean up. As for how many times a day, I guess it depends on how many fry you have and some fry may not have ate at the time of feeding and may be hungry later so you would have to feed again later(I hope that makes sense!). All in all, we all know you are not starving the babies so no worry. We trust you will take good care of them. Good luck! :D

Thank You you very much Lipreader!! :D I try my best to take care of them, And I think I was feeding too much, I have now cut back a little..

They are getting soo big :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back