petertr
Fish Addict
Hi folks - after some help please.
I have a Jewel Rio 300 - and I have the original box filter that came with it (as well as a Fluval 4 to ensure things stay happy).
I recently changed my setup for discus fish - who love soft and acidic water.
Guess what I have - yep, hard and alkali water!
So, I've bought some peat to add. Its currently in a bag I made from the missus' tights (don't tell her!), and its soaking in a bucket of water.
Also, to keep other levels under control, Ive put some ceramic loops in another bag of tights, again, these are currently soaking.
My questions is, where in the box fiter do I place these bags?
Currently, there are 2 different sponge filters (the Jewel stuff, one blue one green), and then the powerhead at the top.
I really don't know how this filter works - nor do I know where to place these 2 bags.
Can anyone help?
TIA!
I have a Jewel Rio 300 - and I have the original box filter that came with it (as well as a Fluval 4 to ensure things stay happy).
I recently changed my setup for discus fish - who love soft and acidic water.
Guess what I have - yep, hard and alkali water!

So, I've bought some peat to add. Its currently in a bag I made from the missus' tights (don't tell her!), and its soaking in a bucket of water.
Also, to keep other levels under control, Ive put some ceramic loops in another bag of tights, again, these are currently soaking.
My questions is, where in the box fiter do I place these bags?
Currently, there are 2 different sponge filters (the Jewel stuff, one blue one green), and then the powerhead at the top.
I really don't know how this filter works - nor do I know where to place these 2 bags.
Can anyone help?
TIA!
/www.juwel-aquarium.de/data/Pdf/gbw/...lter_System.pdf






