**Question of the week** | What is your favorite aquarium fish, and why?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

What is your favorite aquarium fish, and why?

• I have a favorite

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • I donā€™t have a favorite

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have multiple favorites

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Itā€™s hard to choose...

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month šŸ†
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Fish of the Month šŸŒŸ
Reaction score
Itā€™s time for a new QOTW! And the question is: What is your favorite aquarium fish, and why?

Please vote in the poll above, write a short description of why that is your favorite fish, and upload a photo! (Make sure to give photo credits: name, company, or link)

Your favorite fish can be one that you own, or donā€™t own. Freshwater or saltwater!

Last edited:
Do we have to own the fish or just any aquarium fish fresh and salt ?
my personal favourite fish is a green terror just love everything about them even love tht they are bum holes but I donā€™t own one
My favourite fish I own is an electric blue acara called Thor love her colours her behaviour sheā€™s a real character without trying I have a severum which is a real show off loves being looked at as where Thor just knows .. miss it lol

Attachments

• 85F78288-A51C-4ABB-A5D5-6404BBA23EAA.jpeg
    85F78288-A51C-4ABB-A5D5-6404BBA23EAA.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 38
Do we have to own the fish or just any aquarium fish fresh and salt ?
my personal favourite fish is a green terror just love everything about them even love tht they are bum holes but I donā€™t own one
My favourite fish I own is an electric blue acara called Thor love her colours her behaviour sheā€™s a real character without trying I have a severum which is a real show off loves being looked at as where Thor just knows .. miss it lol
I edited the first post - you can choose one that you own or donā€™t own, and it can be fresh or saltwater. :)

Ahhh I definitely canā€™t choose just one favorite!

I think that of the fish I have owned my favorites are Cory Hastatus and Electric Blue Acara and bettas

Of the fish I HAVENā€™T owned I love Pea Puffers, Discus, and those little saltwater fish that sit in the burrows and spit out sand haha.

This is a hard question to answer for me, I've kept so many fish and all have their positives and negatives.

I'm not a fan of fish bought just to clean, or the ones that sit there and essentially do nothing other than look pretty. So for me the ideal fish would do a bit of everything, serve a purpose, look good and be quite active.

For that reason my pick has to be the fish I have the most of, the Otocinclus.

I'm not a catfish or bottom feeder kind of guy, but otos are packed with personality, always active, pretty and excellent workers. They are not my favourite fish, but they are the fish that ticks the most boxes for me.

German blue rams for their looks and behavior. I currently have a pair in my community tank and I love watching them.

Pearl gouramis. They are just a gorgeous fish, imo. I don't think my 30 gallon long is large enough, so I don't have any pearls right now.

Corydoras - I currently have six and they are a hoot to watch.

I would love to know if apistogrammas are a favorite of mine, but I can't find any locally. :(

Dwarf chain loaches (for their markings, talkativeness, and social behavior), panda garra (for their personalities, cute little lizard faces, and algae-nuking abilities), pearl gouramis and bosemani rainbows (for their looks). That's the aquarium fish.

Favorite fish to catch? Yellowstone cutthroat trout. Favorite fish to eat? Walleye.

Dwarf chain loaches (for their markings, talkativeness, and social behavior), panda garra (for their personalities, cute little lizard faces, and algae-nuking abilities), pearl gouramis and bosemani rainbows (for their looks). That's the aquarium fish.

Favorite fish to catch? Yellowstone cutthroat trout. Favorite fish to eat? Walleye.
My favourite fish to catch is bream itā€™s like pulling in garden slab lol but I do like a good sized perch Iā€™d rather pull a good sized perch than a pike I hate unhooking pike lol

Iā€™m torn between Bettas, Clownfish, and Lion fish. All are extremely pretty and have wonderful personalities!!
06DFFBC3-1EDD-4814-9155-7AC7EC43724C.jpeg
993BCB5E-D34C-4534-98C5-42455D9A7537.jpeg
17475186-2B14-43E2-A172-E9A889C9C2CC.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back