Question About Bichir

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ballons

Reaction score
Hello,

First of all i wanted to ask about bichir. Im kinda new about this thing. I just want to how much time should i feed eat per day. Also, the best food for bichir and btw i dont know about my bichir type. So if anyone have any experience in keeping a bichir, let me know it. Thanks guy :)

Bichir will eat just about anything. I kept them before and he went totally bonkers for blood worm and prawns, and the odd we bit of raw mince. Although that made a right old mess of my tank haha

Edit...

And earth worms! Cleaned 1st obv :lol:

so u just feed them once per day? i mean for a juvenile bichir..

Once a day should be fine. But if your feeding twice a day, just cut your portions down a bit so you don't end up either o we feeding, or making a mess of your tank with all the excess food.

Try both ways and see what works out best :good:

Hi.
It all depends on what type of Bichir we are talking about.
Smaller upper jaw or bigger lower jaw?

My biggest Bichir is a 70cm P. Bichir Bichir. She is fed every other day mainly with Hikari "massivore" pellets combined with small crab, shrimp and occasional fresh beef heart.
My smallest Bichir is a 28cm P. Senegalus. He is fed every day on Hikari "massive" combined with cut up bits of shrimp.

Avoid bloodworms if the bichir is bigger than 5". It isn't a great meal at that size. (at that size Hikari "carnivore" pellets are best)

Stay away from live food, oily fish and wild caught critters.
Pellets as a staple is best for Bichirs.

hehe, thx for the info guys.. really appreciated it. Btw, im giving my endlicheri some slice of chicken meat. He was 5" already i think..

I also have a question, I have a palamas species and he seems to hang around the top of the tank near the filter and heater, when he/she is not doing that it is laying around, now are these creatures very active, does it depend on whether or not it is day or night.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back