Quaranteen?

Jazzzz

Fish Addict
Joined
Feb 3, 2008
Messages
833
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
turo, devon
How long is a good idea for 3 black neons they looked healthy when i bought them and a week lator they are showing no signs of any illness
 
Many will be seen in the first 2 weeks but if you bother with a quarantine, why not do it right?
 
Many will be seen in the first 2 weeks but if you bother with a quarantine, why not do it right?


I concur completely -- and I also concur with the correct spelling of the word.

Something like a light infestation of ich, especially on just 3 small fish, may not present for many weeks. Just remember how much easier it will be to treat only 3 fish instead of the whole tank, and if they do have something, you'll only lose those 3 fish instead of the whole tank. With proper quarantining, there is no reason to have any of the really nasty infestations in you main tank, ever. You should never, ever get ich in your tank, for example, if you quarantine properly -- which means at least 4 weeks.
 
I go with a 4 week quar from an unknown source, which means any lfs. I will quar for two weeks from a known source, which is usually another breeder I know who I'm in regular contact with, and have seen their setup recently.
 
Lost a 1500 dollar red queen this way....


quarantine people... seriously. raised that thing from fry. (long string of curses) that was NOT a good time. specially since the illness came just from some simple feeder fish.... FEEDER FISH.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top