Puffers And Brackish Aquariums

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

tom_os

fish
Reaction score
does anyone know of a site where it tells you how to set up a brackish aquarium from start to finish and a site on puffers and compatability with other fish etc

thanks

well this is stuff that i dont really know and am looking to find out.

i would like a marine aquarium but i know they can be harder to maintain

oh right. well i found a good site on dawrf puffers and they look really good. if i can get my hands on another aquarium i think i will get some of them

oh right. well i found a good site on dawrf puffers and they look really good. if i can get my hands on another aquarium i think i will get some of them
i started researching them last night and im going to have 2 in an 8 gallon (females) heavily planted tank they look so cool and funny!

yeah they do. i read they also go with otos, so i might eventually get some of them as well.

does anyone know of a site where it tells you how to set up a brackish aquarium from start to finish
Yes. Mine.
and a site on puffers and compatability with other fish etc
They're not usually compatible with other fish. If you're starting out, then best keep your puffers on their own, either singly or in groups, depending on the species.

Otocinclus are very difficult to maintain, and the majority die quite quickly in captivity. You need to provide them with aufuchs or its equivalent if they are to last for anything length of time (i.e., a lifespan measured in years, not weeks or months). They also need excellent water quality, and simply do not last long (usually) when kept in small (below 20 gallon) systems. They also need fairly cool conditions. Carinotetraodon travancoricus are much better kept on their own. This obsession with adding a "clean up crew" to dwarf puffer tanks misses the whole point of what puffers are about. If you want a mixed species aquarium keep community fish; if you want to keep puffers, accept their need for excellent water quality and their hostility to other types of fish, and work around that.

Cheers, Neale

ok thanks

i read that dwarf puffers need about 5 gallons of water (freshwater). so in a 10 gallon tank could i keep 2 and would these live happily together?

yeah.

do you know where i could get some. i dont think it is anything any of my lfs stock. anywhere on the internet?

whats that site. it doesnt come up

and can i ask how much they are charging for each fish?

thank

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back