Problems With A Lilly

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
think that they are called peace lilles, white spoon shape flower with a yelow stick bit inside it

had it about 3 weeks and its been growing beautifully- i watered it when it started to droop a bit and always perks up, so i bought some baby bio, watered it again last night.. think it was the 2nd time in about a week that i had given it baby bio and its still drooping not perked up as usuall and not looking good :(

any ideas on what to do, its on a window sill where it gets no direct sunlight,when i got it it fitted in there no problem so it must have been happy as its grown to fill the window space almost completly

if u need a pic just let me know

thanks in adavnce for help

shelagh xxxx

was it a white one? my mum gave me one, it had a white flower, bout three year's ago, after flower faded off now it's never flowered again, but it's stunning in it's self very green big and like a folage plant, i love it, along with my tonne's of aloe vera, iam good with aloe, grew one from a babie to a huge beast in under a year

yes nelly it is white, it has about 4 flowers on it, maybe i overfed it huh:(

i love aloe vera too, great to snap and rub on sun burn :lol:

true, i feed my plant's once a week with tesco's indoor plant food, i add around 10drop's to a litre of water, seem's to do the trick, iam over run with aloe vera, gave load's away a few week's ago, planted them individually......

How wet is the soil? Don't water it any more, at least until you know what's wrong, overwatering kills more plants than underwatering.

OOOOH the dreaded Peace Lily

Sounds like it dried out for too long, the compost does need to dry a little between waterings but not too dry that the leaves droop otherwise it takes a while to recover but on the plus side you will get to see some beautiful bright yellow leaves as they die off! Hum I've had lots of them. As 'OohFeeshy' has pointed out 'over watering kills' if you have it on a saucer never let the plant sit in water.
Not a greedy plant so if you overfeed you will burn the roots, more lovely yellow leaves. Feed once a month but only half the recommended dose is all she needs & if you've not re-potted it DO IT NOW.
1 more thing, on the window sill in bright light the leaves will always look a little washed out.

Good luck, you'll need it!

thankyou ever so much :)
ill repot it right now,and ill stop over feeding and under watering staright away....

thanks for the luck, i reckon i will need it to save this poor plant :/

shelagh xxxxxx

:lol: thats cheating :shifty:

heres how it looks, the soil was very very wet, tho the top wasnt hence why i kept feeding it :/
104.jpg

have repotted it now, i knocked off as much of the wet soil as i could without disturbing the roots too much.

mine used to look like that when i kept it on the window ledge, now it's on my table out the way of the window it has perked up like in my picture, but never flowered again, only once

no the red pot didnt but the one that was inside that dd.. fat lot of good eh!

the one its in now has holes in and its sitting on the dining table in another room, so with any luck it may pull thru, shame tho as it was a really lovely plants,and i was really pleased by the way it was growing :/

Spathiphyllum floribundum are naturally semi aquatic plants.

i have had all of mine decline when grown in dirt. i rinsed all of the dirt off and planted them in my aquarium with the leaves emerged and within the next month i had an inflorescence. (bloom) the flowers are actually on the spadix (the thing inside the "petal") and what most people think is a petal is actually a spath. :good:

if you rinse off the dirt and submerge the roots in water with the leaves above water it will do much better.

the petioles will be fine if they are under water. (petioles are the stems that attatch the leaf to the plant base)

sound's intresting, but what i read is soil should be moist then let to part dry then feed again, doe's not saying anything about being semi aqautic, however iam intrested to see if you have some pic's that would be very apprechiated :good:

Most reactions

Back