Problem With Tank...

Aj86

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have jus finished moving my tanks to be side by side but one of them ( The one i had already set up the water is really yellow compared to the other one... I had a piece of driftwood in there for like a couple of minutes about a week ago could it be tannin? How can i get rid of the yellow?

Heres a pic of it to give you a idea...

PICT0026.jpg

could be tannin, mine did that when i first put my bogwood in. try fresh carbon in your filter.

and check your stand, looks like it is warping. you may need to reinforce the top to hold both tanks.

karri

karrihug said:
could be tannin, mine did that when i first put my bogwood in. try fresh carbon in your filter.

and check your stand, looks like it is warping. you may need to reinforce the top to hold both tanks.

karri
Thanx for your help Karri! So the fresh Carbon should get rid of it? The only problem is that I had jus bought my filter about less than a week ago should i still change the carbon ? :/ And also yea the stand is warped but been like that for a long time lol Im waitin for some wood to push it back up again...

is your filter a canister or hob? the hob cartridges come with just a tiny litte bit of carbon in them. i would buy a media bag and a carton of carbon and put as much as you can slide down behind your filter cartridge. just make sure to rinse very well before adding. should clear it up pretty good.

oh, and get the wood to push it back up as soon as possible. if it were to give out it would be really bad. ;)

Yea its a HOB Filter and has a lil carbon cartridge i was told that i should take out both the lil cartridges anyway ( The carbon one and the filter wool and the something else one lol ) and replace them with the bags of them in as you said... So i think i will go with that... And also what did you mean about the wood pushing the bag down? :S Sorry...

I agree carbon will soon sort that out, I use old lady's tights (i dont know what you guys call them) and make a pouch and fill it with carbon, The next day it will be crystal clear.

not wood to push the bag down, wood to hold the tank up. :D it would be a terrible mess if your stand collapsed.

karrihug said:
not wood to push the bag down, wood to hold the tank up. :D it would be a terrible mess if your stand collapsed.
Oh i got ya now! Haha sorry... Yea im going to get onto it as soon as i can... Theres a huge thick piece of wood ontop the cabinet too that my tanks are sitting on so it should be pretty sturdy till i can get the wood... :S lol

And about the filter im jus making sure what i should get... I should get One of those bags that will hold the carbon and is it worth getting it for the filter wool and stuff also and stack them on each other or use the cartridge already there?

i would leave the cartridge that is there and just put a bag of carbon behind it. but just rinse the cartridge out in old tank water when it blocks up. they are pretty good for mechanical filtration.

Most reactions

Back