Problem With Tank

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
Last night I sat down in front of my pleco tank with a tomato and cucumber sandwich. Jethroe my big guy jumped out of the water, I heard a crack. Jethroe was fine but I have discovered this morning he has broken the brace bar on the tank. I have lowered the water level, but I am really worried about the strength of the tank. Its a rio 300. I cant even silicon it back together as he has snapped it where it joins the tank. I can get another bar but I am worried if the tank will hold.

I know he likes cucumber but I didnt think he would try and get out of the tank!!!!!!!!!
 
Hi Minx, it does have a hood, but its only the standard juwel plastic flaps. I think if he didnt hit the brace bar first he would have been in my sandwich lol. Just typical I have just got a rio 400 for them but its not ready for them yet!!.

How are your fish doing with the ick?
 
Unfortunately not well, although the ich seems to have gone, Ive lost a bn plec so far and the TB's appear to have internal parasites, one has also lost an eye!! Along with the problems with a canister filter Ive had this week, its not been much fun.
 
How about fitting a fixing plate across the crack by drilling small holes either side of the crack and screw it in place with small screws. (stainless steel so wont rust) I would lower the water level to half just to be safe. How big is your pleco.
 
So sorry to hear that Minx, ich is such a pain. I just hope you dont have any more problems (for a while anyway, there are always some problems with fish lol)

Good Idea Mr Spoon, will see if we can do something temporarily. Jethro is a 16" common plec and Gibbs is 15", they are two utter dumplings.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top