Problem with corys flashing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Kaylab2021

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So i have posted a thread before about my corys acting strange and keep flashing and laying on sand, i have tested my water and everything is ok i have spoke to petshops and other forums and can not figure out what it wrong with them. I have thought my albinos were find until i added 3 new corys and its the new corys that are acting strange. Could it be flukes? I have ordered some treatment and i am wanting to know if other people have used the same treatment. The product is called
Brand: ESHA
4.5 out of 5 stars174Reviews

Esha 79014 Gdex Water Conditioner against skin flukes, gill flukes and tapeworms​

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Flashing is most often (though cerytainly not always) due to ich, especially arriving with new fish. I have only once had gill flukes, in wild caught cories. The domestic ones like here is more likely ich. Raise the temperature to 86F/30C for two weeks, but use no medicine of any kind.

Flashing is most often (though cerytainly not always) due to ich, especially arriving with new fish. I have only once had gill flukes, in wild caught cories. The domestic ones like here is more likely ich. Raise the temperature to 86F/30C for two weeks, but use no medicine of any kind.
I really dont think its ich none have visible white spot and its only the 1 cory now thats flashing i treated the tank for ich when it first started to happen but its not stopped it from flashing, after reading about fluke it really does sound more like that

I really dont think its ich none have visible white spot and its only the 1 cory now thats flashing i treated the tank for ich when it first started to happen but its not stopped it from flashing, after reading about fluke it really does sound more like that

Ich first attacks fish in the gills where we cannot see it, causing flashing. When it becomes more severe, external spots will (may) appear. I would estimate that the vast majority of flashing is due to ich.

It is never safe to use any medication for ich, unless it is an extreme case. Heat at or above 30C/86F will kill the parasite, though one or two may manage to get through (it does happen). Heat with the majority of fish is the safest treatment.

I do have ich treatment but i will try heat first, my temp is at 79f at min can i just turn it up to 86 for shall i do it slowly?

This are the the ones most doing it the two laid on floor and the one swimming around seems fine, them to look like there gills are really red but my water is 0 ammonia and rest of my fish are ok. It literally is the corydoras and its since i added the 6 news one into tank which 4 have died. My 3 original corys all seem fine

Attachments

• 20220608_194627.jpg
    20220608_194627.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 55
  • 20220608_194606.jpg
    20220608_194606.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 53
  • 20220608_194614.jpg
    20220608_194614.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 53
Video of the fish?
If you use a mobile phone to film them, hold the phone horizontally so the footage fills the entire screen.
Upload videos to YouTube, then copy & paste the link here.

Take pictures of the fish using a digital camera that has the flash on. Have the tank lights off when you do this.

See if there is a yellow gold sheen over part of the fish. If there is, the fish have velvet. You can use heat to treat velvet but you usually need to treat it for longer.

What are they fed and is it often adter feeding?

So 1 of the corys does have a gold shine when i shine a light in dark over its gills, and no it seems to be fore they get fed there either flicking or laid on sand. As soon as i put food in there they come alive and go mad searching for food. Of to work now but i will try video them when i get back its not all the time so hard to get. I think i have a few videos from before i can try add on youtube later.

So 1 of the corys does have a gold shine when i shine a light in dark over its gills, and no it seems to be fore they get fed there either flicking or laid on sand. As soon as i put food in there they come alive and go mad searching for food. Of to work now but i will try video them when i get back its not all the time so hard to get. I think i have a few videos from before i can try add on youtube later.

There is a shiny sheen to scales depending upon light, so you have to be careful assuming it is or is not this or that. The video may help.

so thats a video of them today eating i havent seen any flicking today but like i said they dont do it all the time. And i will also add some videos of what i have caught on video thanks

this is what one of the bronze were doing. When the lights go out tonight i will try get a photo of them in dark with a torch and upload it

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back