problem when water changing

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

drpenquin

Reaction score
hi, Is it okay to not get some of the fallen leaves, etc during water change? Everytime I do one, I always have a hard time to get every single fallen decaying leaf from the plants I have because most are in between the other plants, a place hard to reach. Should I get a smaller siphon or is it okay to leave them be?

Try and get as much as you can but as long as your doing regular maintenance I would t worry as you will probably get it next time.

Only slight concern I have in that is if itā€™s a small tank say under ten gallons and then things can deteriorate faster so maybe need to be more thorough there.

Wills

Hi yes, Iā€™ll try to be more thorough as itā€™s only a 5 gallon tank. Iā€™ve even moved the plants a little forward from the back so I can reach the decayed leaves and gunk. Thanks for the help.
Try and get as much as you can but as long as your doing regular maintenance I would t worry as you will probably get it next time.

Only slight concern I have in that is if itā€™s a small tank say under ten gallons and then things can deteriorate faster so maybe need to be more thorough there.

Wills

Hi yes, Iā€™ll try to be more thorough as itā€™s only a 5 gallon tank. Iā€™ve even moved the plants a little forward from the back so I can reach the decayed leaves and gunk. Thanks for the help.
Ah yeah in 5 gallons I'd be as thorough as you can as things can deteriorate faster than in a larger body of water.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back