Prevention Of Inbreeding Guppys Society.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

gsta13

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I was thinking about the problem with inbreeding with guppys and came up with an idea, why dont all the guppy keepers on the forum begin to swap and trade the fry, thus reduce the amount of inbreeding that is destorying the gene pool of our guppy population. Anyone have any thoughts to put into this or suggestions how we could get this started?
Greg

EDIT: Btw i was going to call this the prevention of guppy inbreeding society but PIGS is a better short hand than PGIS.
:p

not gonna work basically cos its cheaper to go buy new guppies than it is to post them, plus you cant post fry theyll die, plus the gene pool doesnt get to disruppted cos after about four generations guppies just die in a couple of weeks anyway

not gonna work basically cos its cheaper to go buy new guppies than it is to post them, plus you cant post fry theyll die, plus the gene pool doesnt get to disruppted cos after about four generations guppies just die in a couple of weeks anyway

I hearby close PIGS. Nice while it lasted.

Greg

PIGS rocked !! it will be sorely missed :(

lol
i thought i might be onto something for a min :( maybe i should start it up again on a world wide scale, we could have libarys of fish that could be rented out and studded to females. All donations welcome, please make cheques payable to Greg @ PIGS. (doners over 5 British pounds will have there heads checked)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back