Prehistoric Monster Fish, Thalassophryne Amazonica

mike10

Reaction score
Hi
Does anybody keep these, I picked up 3 last week at an inch long I have been putting bloodworm and mysis in the tank.
Does anybody know of other foods they will take
Mike

Hi
Does anybody keep these, I picked up 3 last week at an inch long I have been putting bloodworm and mysis in the tank.
Does anybody know of other foods they will take
Mike

I don't keep them. I know a lot of people would like to keep them.
I'm afraid the blood worm and mysis won't do. It will only be polluting the tank. They are difficult to feed. You'll need to simulate it so it looks like the food is alive. For example, dangling the food infront of them on a stick. Such foods as white bait, lance fish, shrimp. Livebearer or Convict Cichlid fry is worth a try, because the fry will be at the bottom of the tank (monster fish don't move much!).

Is your tank cycled???????? What size tank? Have you researched the fish? What kinda filter? Any hiding spot's? Try fish fry, they'll eat them.

I have researched the fish but all info found is about adults.
My tank is cycled and 90 litres I have small green neon fry and 6 guppies for breeding.
i am not new to fishkeeping just been waiting 2 or so years to get hold of some of these fish at an inch long they are probably too small for whitebait and such.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back