Pregnant platy

Jarvis Spratt

Reaction score
When will my pregnant platy give birth ?!
She was being chased by 3 male platies so I moved her to another tank. The black spot is very dark and large at the back.

When will my pregnant platy give birth ?!
She was being chased by 3 male platies so I moved her to another tank. The black spot is very dark and large at the back.
Weā€™ll need a pic in order to help make that decision. Can you post one, please?

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

I concur with @Deanause. And if the picture is to large set the cameras resolution to the lowest setting. Good luck! :)

(Please consider entering the August TOTM contest, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen, Thanks!) :thanks:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 85
She isnā€™t squared off yet on the bottom yet so Iā€™d say at least a few days to a week longer. How long has she been pregnant?

She isnā€™t squared off yet on the bottom yet so Iā€™d say at least a few days to a week longer. How long has she been pregnant?
Iā€™d say at least a month tbh, I showed a photo of her to someone today at my local aquatics shop, and they said shes very close to giving birth. Do you think itā€™s best to keep her out of my main tank?

Do you want the fry? If not, leave her in the main tank. Donā€™t place her in a breeder net. Do you have a cycled, suitable tank to place her in?

I would like the fry yes. She is in a 28 litre with an air pump. Just I donā€™t want her to be in thier for too long

I would like the fry yes. She is in a 28 litre with an air pump. Just I donā€™t want her to be in thier for too long
Just watch her. Give her a plant to lay under and reduce stress. Keep us posted!

Most reactions

Back