Pregnant platy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jarvis Spratt

Reaction score
When will my pregnant platy give birth ?!
She was being chased by 3 male platies so I moved her to another tank. The black spot is very dark and large at the back.

When will my pregnant platy give birth ?!
She was being chased by 3 male platies so I moved her to another tank. The black spot is very dark and large at the back.
We’ll need a pic in order to help make that decision. Can you post one, please?

Hello, and welcome to the forum! :hi:

I concur with @Deanause. And if the picture is to large set the cameras resolution to the lowest setting. Good luck! :)

(Please consider entering the August TOTM contest, by clicking the banner at the top of your screen, Thanks!) :thanks:

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 85
She isn’t squared off yet on the bottom yet so I’d say at least a few days to a week longer. How long has she been pregnant?

She isn’t squared off yet on the bottom yet so I’d say at least a few days to a week longer. How long has she been pregnant?
I’d say at least a month tbh, I showed a photo of her to someone today at my local aquatics shop, and they said shes very close to giving birth. Do you think it’s best to keep her out of my main tank?

Do you want the fry? If not, leave her in the main tank. Don’t place her in a breeder net. Do you have a cycled, suitable tank to place her in?

I would like the fry yes. She is in a 28 litre with an air pump. Just I don’t want her to be in thier for too long

I would like the fry yes. She is in a 28 litre with an air pump. Just I don’t want her to be in thier for too long
Just watch her. Give her a plant to lay under and reduce stress. Keep us posted!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back