Pregnant Mollie..?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

if the male is harassing the female, remove him and leave the female where she is.

add lots of plants to the tank for the female and babies to hide in.
Currently don't have a tank for the male to be separated into. For now, he has left her alone. Continuing to watch.

Buy a breeding net and put the male in that. The breeding net sits inside the main aquarium and is normally used for the mother and babies but the female should not be put in it. The babies can be put in a breeding net when they appear and the male can stay in it for a while so he doesn't annoy the female.

Have a few plants in the breeding net to make the male or babies feel comfortable.

Don't put the babies and male together. Use separate breeding nets for them if you go down this route.

Buy a breeding net and put the male in that. The breeding net sits inside the main aquarium and is normally used for the mother and babies but the female should not be put in it. The babies can be put in a breeding net when they appear and the male can stay in it for a while so he doesn't annoy the female.

Have a few plants in the breeding net to make the male or babies feel comfortable.

Don't put the babies and male together. Use separate breeding nets for them if you go down this route.
I went to many stores today and yesterday. All sold out of breeder nets … every store has stopped orders due to covid-19.

so for now, im sure with all the plants, they should have a chance. hopefully lol

I went to many stores today and yesterday. All sold out of breeder nets … every store has stopped orders due to covid-19.

so for now, im sure with all the plants, they should have a chance. hopefully lol
Some will likely survive:)

I meant to post earlier ...

No babies as of today. Of course our face has been glued to the tank.

This is gonna be a long week.

I meant to post earlier ...

No babies as of today. Of course our face has been glued to the tank.

This is gonna be a long week.
Yes lol it is exciting and it can be very hard to be patient :)

Day 4 of waiting... as patiently as possible. She’s just getting bigger .... and bigger... she occasionally will hang out by the heater ... or under the plants. Not for long though. Right now she’s pecking at all the hornwort. Doesn’t eat much. A couple pieces here and there. I did buy a breeder net , just in case I need to separate the male , or the aggressor female that gets crazy when they’re fed. She will chase the pregnant one.

Update today:

Still waiting. I notice she is constantly pooping even though she’s not eating much ? I’ll get a picture later for you guys to see her as of today.

Just took these ...

Attachments

• AF341EC8-9726-4C8B-96B3-ADA3F2EAFBB1.jpeg
    AF341EC8-9726-4C8B-96B3-ADA3F2EAFBB1.jpeg
    309.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 7A53F779-1363-4003-A7A8-E4D41B7C814C.jpeg
    7A53F779-1363-4003-A7A8-E4D41B7C814C.jpeg
    263.1 KB · Views: 43
  • A5F0005F-482A-4963-89B1-CDA0E5B362FB.jpeg
    A5F0005F-482A-4963-89B1-CDA0E5B362FB.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 62
Been putting off doing a little work In the tank.. but I need to get in and fix all the plants that were pulled out by the mollies with them pecking at them , and got to do a water change since it’s been evaporating. So hopefully the pregnant mollie won’t become stressed out. Any ideas ?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back