The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Nyceepoo

Reaction score
Ok, IM a new fish owner and I bought a pregnant guppy and I was just worried for her so I separated all the males and females . But I still want to know when sheā€™s due. She doesnā€™t eat as much any more and I tried separate her from the other fish in her own tank and she just stayed toward the top and I thought I was stressing her out so I put her back now she doesnā€™t go to the top as much anymore. I dont know if Iā€™m over thinking it I just want her to have a successful birth. She lives with 5 other females.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 427
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 98
Hello and welcome to the forum, You have a nice looking tank with plenty of hiding places for the fry. She may have her fry all at once or in small groups over a few days or a week or two. You can try and net the fry or better yet use a clear plastic cup and catch them when she starts having them. Some put the mother in a fry tank but that can stress her out. She may store sperm up to 6 months so she may have more in the future, I would not stress myself out on worrying about saving them all.

Oh by the way I started out with 1 male and 7 females :wub:in my guppy/shrimp tank and had to remove the females because I have 60-70 fry now and that is in 3 months or so. :eek:

She is very close. You can she she is squared off. Anywhere from today to next week. :)

Ok, IM a new fish owner and I bought a pregnant guppy and I was just worried for her so I separated all the males and females . But I still want to know when sheā€™s due. She doesnā€™t eat as much any more and I tried separate her from the other fish in her own tank and she just stayed toward the top and I thought I was stressing her out so I put her back now she doesnā€™t go to the top as much anymore. I dont know if Iā€™m over thinking it I just want her to have a successful birth. She lives with 5 other females.
This hobby requires patients in many ways with plants fish everything. I wouldn't worry . Your over thinking in my opinion

It is definitely exiting

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back