Pregnant Guppies?

Keva

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi I've got two female guppies and they seem to be getting quite big I'm just wondering if there pregnant ill put pictures up to show you's. thanks

I'm new to the site could someone tell me how to upload pictures?

Upload the images to a photo hosting website like Photobucket or so and copy and paste the IMG code into the reply box like so
smile.png

Guppy.jpg

photo-7_zps892353c8.jpg

Thanks for that! thats the two guppies can anyone help me i think ive got a clearer picture which i will upload of one of them also

photo-8_zps12d889b0.jpg

Yes they are both pregnant lol. If they have been with a male in the past 3 months then they'll be pregnant.

yeah theres a male in the tank along with three females. when do you think it would be best to put them in the breeding tank, because i think one looks further on than the other

I've put the bigger one in the breeding tank it looks like its nearly there can you give me a bit advice on how far you think they both are

Keva said:
I've put the bigger one in the breeding tank it looks like its nearly there can you give me a bit advice on how far you think they both are

Is it an actual tank or one of those "Breeder Traps" because the breeder trap will stress her out. Also, if it's a tank how big is it? I did reply earlier but it seems to have no posted my reply 
evilmad.gif

With how much plant life you have you shouldn't need to move the females and both look like they have a matter of days left before they drop.

its a breeder trap i have a 12l tank with two month old swordtails, im scared if i put it in there the two month swordtails will eat the guppy fry? and thanks

Keva said:
its a breeder trap i have a 12l tank with two month old swordtails, im scared if i put it in there the two month swordtails will eat the guppy fry? and thanks

I'd take her out and let her give birth in the tank. Some of the babies will survive with all the plants you have.

Do you think it'd would be better to put her in the tank with the swordtail fry because I have some big fish in my main tank

Keva said:
Do you think it'd would be better to put her in the tank with the swordtail fry because I have some big fish in my main tank

No because the tank with the Swordtail fry in is overstocked currently as it is and they'll eat the guppy fry whereas in the main tank the fry will hid in the plants.

ok cheers and thanks for your advice

photo-15_zps0d5949fe.jpg

I have found two of these in the tank so im guessing one of the guppies had the fry and these are the two i have seen so i have put them in breeding trap for a few weeks while they grow : D

Lots off people use breeders there ok but do stress them out after a while only put her in if you know she's In labour :)

I haven't got her in she gave birth in the tank just got the fry in but I could only find two of them

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back