The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

eddhordley

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I am quite new to fishkeeping, but after cycling my tank , introducing guppies and shrimp, all seems to be going well. I now have 4 males, 8 females and 2 shrimp in my tank. When i brought the first lot of fish (2 males, 4 females), 3 of these females seemed to be pregnant ( I was given the impression on another post that they are pregnant, and quite late on too.)
However, it has now been 2 weeks since the fish were introduced into the tank, and although the females have got A LOT bigger, there are no signs of any fry yet? I have attached a photo of my most heavily pregnant females, but how long do you guys reckon I have until we start to see any fry?

I am new to all this, so apologies in advance if this is a stupid question!
Regards

15423572_10206297645515110_1112337223_n.jpg

most or if not all shop bought female guppies will have been all ready impregnated
guppies usually have a brood of fry of about 3 weeks it can very on depending on tank temperature.
use plenty of plants or plastic. for the fry to hide. keep them well feed and they usually leave there babies alone

The females might have had a miscarriage from the process of being moved. I agree with the poster above that they are already pregnant. Interesting fact guppies can store sperm.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back