Pregnant ghost shrimp???

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Steph1x

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to here! Iā€™m looking for some advice, iv had my 2 ghost shrimps for 6/7 months now and I noticed about 3.5 nearly 4 weeks ago that one of the shrimp had grown double in size and had little (yellow balls) under the belly (will attach a pic), googled it straight away and self diagnosed her as being pregnant! That was 3.5/4 weeks ago and after doing some researching, they are usually pregnant for about 3 weeks, itā€™s about 5 days over the 3 week mark and just wondering if sheā€™s actually pregnant the yellow balls under her belly havenā€™t changed colour since we noticed, they have always been yellow, and Iā€™m just wondering if it could be anything else? I havenā€™t separated the shrimp to another tank as I donā€™t want to breed and donā€™t have the room for another tank, so was just going to let nature take its course! But starting to worry a little as nothing is happening

Attachments

• E7E66EE0-E94D-4E18-9B7D-03271B39BF40.png
    E7E66EE0-E94D-4E18-9B7D-03271B39BF40.png
    31.1 KB · Views: 150
Pic isnā€™t real clear but she looks berried to me. Sometimes it takes a month for babies to be born. Give her more time. As far as size goes, doubling in size would have nothing to do with her carrying eggs. Good luck!

Pic isnā€™t real clear but she looks berried to me. Sometimes it takes a month for babies to be born. Give her more time. As far as size goes, doubling in size would have nothing to do with her carrying eggs. Good luck!
Sorry it wouldnā€™t let me upload the original pic, had to make the pixels smaller to upload I will try upload another one! thatā€™s reassuring that it can take upto a month, also Iā€™m not sure why she has doubled in size either but my other shrimp is half her size now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 200
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    866.2 KB · Views: 148
Females do get larger than males. Sheā€™s definitely carrying eggs. Good luck!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back