Practical Horseman

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

totalbolshevik

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Okay, I'm only writing this here because this is the most suitable forum I know of. Now, did anyone read the article in the "Taking Care" section of PH about Texas slaughterhouses? Who in their right minds would be able to CLUB A HORSE TO DEATH AND STILL LIVE WITH THEMSELVES? Even if you don't like horses, that is the worst job ON EARTH! And what's more, I can't belive that there are actually people lobbying to SUPPORT these facilities! I think that the idea of just "horsemeat" isn't so bad, but the way it's done is terrible, especially considering that people in the US don't even eat horse! The description of how terrified the horses were is terrible. Does anyone know of a website that tells what you can do to help stop the TORTURE (yes, I said torture) of these beautiful animals?

From a book I read a while ago that was not based in present times (so I don't know if it still happens or not, prob. does though) they knock bulls/cows on the head too. Didn't read any article about horses however as there is no link.

I'm not at all opposed to the slaughter of cows, pigs, sheep, etc. because they are bred for meat. But horses have given so much to us over the centuries and THIS is what we repay them with? The human race would not be anywhere near where it is today were it not for horses.

I guess you have a favoritism towards horses, which is good and all. I do view every animal as being the same and all deserving equal treatment. What is bad for one is bad for all. I see you are biased towards horses, which as I said is fine, but in my eyes, if you think horses should not be slaughtered, then you should not want other animals slaughtered as well. Any death is bad though, but that's life I guess. :/

I do think that any death is bad what I should have said is that I think killing horses in the US or anywhere else for that matter is worse. Furthermore, there is a certain way they are supposed to do it which they are not. I didn't make myself clear enough when I said that about other animals, because I do think that it should stop, but I do not see how that is possible in this country as almost everyone eats meat. But, seeing as almost everyone is opposed to equine slaughter, it's a step in the right direction.

I think slaughtering horses is terrible. For one they were not bred for meat but for work/pleasure. I also do not agree on how they kill cows etc.

I take it none of you actualy own horses?
although slautering horses is sad, unlike you post, they do not "club them to death". only a retard would do that, becase once the guy first hit the horce, it would get an adrenilin rush and ruin the meat. im guessing that they use a more human method like putting a bolt through its head so they die instantly. though this may sound horrable, It's not that bad compared to other methods.
Sure horse meat is eatten in the USA. ever hear of dog food?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back