Practical Fish Keeping Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant see the point of a forum where there is no honest good advice,looks like you will be credited for being a good fishkeeper if you have a cold but choose to keep a shark in a biorb, its bloody pathetic, and obviously not worth the web pages it written on, and as for the illegal fish-well that just takes the biscuit,its outrageous, who would give permission and why?? autisim is no doubt horrible- but a diaognosis isnt a way to get what you want- and where are the parents anyway??? what are they doing about this,

just steer clear of such a ####e forum, for goodness sake, obviously nothing of any value to be taken from it............ well perhaps you can have a laugh to cheer yourself up on a bad day!!!!
this is my opinion- if you dont agree, i dont care!!!( bit moody cos im tired lol)

shelagh xxxx

I know people with autism, and they arent aware of whats going on half the time.

I have to disagree with you there. most of the autistic people I have met ignore things that don't interest them. Most are extreamly knowledgeable in some specific subject. One guy I met knew practically everything about bands & musical artists. Every band I could name he could them me when they formed, how many albums they made, the names of those albums, the dates they where released, any awards they had got, and so on and so on. And all this came almost instantly to him. I do agree autism is no reason to allow for bad fish keeping.

I agree CFC did nothing wrong, but if the mods ban him and edit his posts there is really not much you can do about it, even if he was within the rules. IMO the moderators there do seem childish and don't seem to allow any major arguments. I am surprised more people where not questioning his stocking, on TFF people who practice bad fish keeping tend to receive a lot of hostility.

One forum I use sometimes has "folder wars" where users from one folder spam another folder and vise versa. They are pretty fun :lol:.

Now excuse me but I have to go do some water changes :p

I personally think that the other TFF mods set it up so CFC won't go over to the dark side again. :p

I know people with autism, and they arent aware of whats going on half the time.

You cant make that judgement on one person with autism that you have met, Some may have it more sevre then others, Alot live normal lives with small or little amount of problems...

And yet how come this kid with autism choose monster fishes only over lots of smaller species that's suited to his tanks? There's like more than 100,000 species (just guess) in aquarium trade, rarely passed over 18inches long. And it can be fun to breeding with the smaller species such as wild type livebearers and rare fishes than have to deal with tankbusters. Where this kid keep all of his tanks at? Isn't that expensive to take care of them like feeding and clean up their mess? Plus how can he afford all of these fishes? It is not health for this kid. It can be more than just autism so someone need to check his brain...please? I really doubt that all of his monster fish will live to see their second home.

with autism you get what is called the autistic spectrum, because basically if affects people to different degrees. you get some who function pretty well and some who have severe difficulties. You also get Autistic Savantes (sp) these are the ones who have an incredible knowledge/talent in one fields but then are usually fairly poorly off in other aspects of their lives. You get it from time to time when they are amazing musicians or something like that.

you can't judge one autistic person against another, they really are all very individual with their own needs and requirements.

Agree with miss Wiggles, I'm just finishing my psychology degree and have worked with children with autism for 6 years, some cant even talk, walk or be potty trained others function (in some aspects) in the top 1% of the population. The point is I've come by enough kids diagnosed with autism where quite frankly their real diagnosis should be spoilt little brat... and this kid sounds like one of those kids.

it amuses me that an article entitled "Cruelty through ignorance", condemning people who ignorantly keep fish eg ones that grow big in a small tank etc, has just appeared on the PFK website today, yet people are seemingly not allowed to point this out to members on their forum :huh:

Do the words "Damage Control" spring to mind to anyone else?

I finally started reading this thread, that's idiotic. How could such a prominent magazine ignore such blatant facts. That will teach us at TFF from going over to the dark side. Poor fish, its a shame that even professional fish keepers turn a blind eye to wrong doing.

How are such huge, vicious fish in a small tank SOOTHING?! That's what I want to know...

and I agree with andywg. I don't like their magazine. It's just full of question and answer pages. I get Tropical Fish International and prefer it much more to PFK. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back