Practical Fish Keeping Forum

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very disappointed, I went all the way over to PFK and found the topic in questions, only to see that the drama had been edited out. :( Oh well.

Anyway, from what was still in the topic, it appears to me that the other members jumped on you for asking an honest question, CFC. I'd think that would remain the same if I could see the removed posts, as you're not the type to lash out, at least not from your posts here.

I sent this email to the forum admin and website editor Matt Clarke last night, suprise suprise he hasnt even had the courtesy to reply. They have also removed OohFeeshy from her position as moderator at the forum, presumably for letting me know that they had used their childish "miserable users" ban on me rather than have the guts to just ban me outright and let me know.

Hi,

May i ask exactly why i have been put into the "miserable users" group on the PFK forum?

As far as i am aware i haven't been rude to anyone or done anything other than ask a question about someones means of keeping their fish, or was it that i was able to spot and identify the endangered illegal to own fish in one of his tanks which i was told keep quiet about (which i might add i have) ?

A number of the membership have thanked me for asking the questions and prompting some thoughts about the ethics of keeping larger than average fish and welcomed the views of some new blood in the forum.

Maybe you just dont want experienced and knowledgable hobbiests on the forum, though its funny how last year the magazine wanted to come and do a readers tanks artical on my fish house after Neil Monks gave my details to Jeremy Gay, i was meant to be getting back to Jeremy when the room was fully finished but i guess i shouldn't bother now.

The way i have been treated is very sad and quite unproffesional to be honest. I look forward to your reply as i would like to know what i did that was so wrong.

Regards, Dean (CFC)

What a bunch of spineless idiots.

I came across a thread where a member had just purchased 3 large growing catfish named as perruno catfish, a species that reaches nearly 3 feet in length, and had a stock list in his signature containing other large fish including Redtailed Catfish, Tiger Shovelnose and a hybrid of the two as well as numerous other tank busters, his signature also said that his largest tank is a 6x2x2 (180 gallon) which clearly wasn't big enough for any of the fish listed. The poster is a 15 year old boy so I posted to ask what he intended to do with the fish when they were full grown and was promptly messaged by a moderator warning me to leave the subject alone as the owner of the fish has autism and finds his fish collection calming.

There have been several other members on the PFK Forum that have tried to question his fishkeeping, including myself - although I've been nowehere near as direct as some who have posted questions towards him.
He works P/T in an LFS and from what I've read, it appears that any new monster/unusual fish that comes in seems to be in his tank(s) within a few days. He appears to be very impulsive with his purchases.

I've never owned any of the fish that he owns and therefore I do not have the experience he has, so maybe I'm not best placed to criticise him but what disappoints me is that many experienced aquarists on there (who have been keeping large/unusual fish for longer than he has actually been alive) have tried to warn him/give him advice but he just seems to either a) ignore them or b) come back with some typical cocky teenager quip.

And in answer to your question about what he intends to do with the fish when they've outgrown his tanks, the answer seems to be (from all the threads I've read) is give them back to the boss at his LFS

PS: there are actually some bits of the PFK Forums that I really like and there are some very good regulars on there (such as Bob Mehen) but overall I prefer TFF - there are far more posts on here, more members etc and therefore there is generally more info on this site

I sent this email to the forum admin and website editor Matt Clarke last night, suprise suprise he hasnt even had the courtesy to reply. They have also removed OohFeeshy from her position as moderator at the forum, presumably for letting me know that they had used their childish "miserable users" ban on me rather than have the guts to just ban me outright and let me know.

poor Feeshy! that's a tad out of order.

Im utterly disgusted by the attitude of the MODs and Staff at PFK forums, its totally childish to remove a Mod becuase she doesnt agree with the rest of them, then to move a user to a "winger" group so that he cant access the site or if he does it runs slower etc...is utterly childish.

I would whole heartedly recommend people bin their PFK subscriptions, as they cannot run a forum with an agree or get banned attitude. I never once saw anything posted that would be classed as rude, abusive or insulting yet still they banned CFC...utterly stupid.

Wow I just read in PKF forum and I just can't believe that they accepted this kid that its okay to let him keep too many tankbusters in unaccepted tanks. I really doubt that he bred redtailed giant gourami. Its gross to see his overstocked tank. And they assumed CFC was newbie depends on number of posts??? I was so disguested at them. Im too upset that I will join to that forum to defend CFC from the "experts". I don't care if he has autism, he shouldn't keeping get new takbusters every week. And there's not lots of posts in livebearers...hmm.

And one poster suggested that this kid that he should getting rare species of tankbusters and breed them....if the tankbusters survived from his actions. That's so cruel! (Im borrow crazyaussie's quotes heehee) I would punch into that poster's face in no time. This kid's only 15 years old and I like a poster in this forum that's same age, named Kribensis12 way better than this kid because he show lots of maturity and more knowledge about fishkeeping lately.

ok lets just wreck the forum there obviously immature and we need to really show them how to be immature! if you hear of strange things going on a pfk forum dont pm me :shifty:

ok lets just wreck the forum there obviously immature and we need to really show them how to be immature! if you hear of strange things going on a pfk forum dont pm me :shifty:

Why dosent someone make a long preset speech about how idiotic this guy is and we can all go and make a topic each with this in there :shifty:

I read the article and i cant belive that you got banned for that! I was recently banned from badmanstropicalfishforums for giving off advice they dont think is "correct" just becasue they havent used it before and i was "warned" to not post so much. I was surprised from that, and they deleted almost every reply i ever made becasue they considerd it to be "wrong" and publically annouced not to listen to me. I think there just full of sh*t personally, but if any of you guys belong htere, no offence to you! I will join PFK na dsee if i can question and straigthen a couple people out!( am probably going to be banned).

I already had a post deleted and was almost banned! I swear i didnt do anything wrong. I posted something similar to this:

I am wondering why CFC was "banned". He tried to give advice, taht you cannot and shouldnt not keep those fish in there. He has not used crude launguage, or bullied, and he is being flamed. Im sure this guy may have bigger tanks than i di, rest assured, but that dosent mean go buy a couple fish you havent researched and put them in a tank too small for them. Under no circumstances would i buy a fish that will get WAY to big for my tank, such as the fish you have purchased. Plus, there is no grauntee that you will get a bigger tank.

That isnt word for word as my post was deleted and i cant remeber everything said. I dont know what was wrong with that post. But this is the OM i got sent to me:

AndyGordon said:
Point 1, CFC has NOT been banned.
Point 2, Could I draw your attention to the forum rules -

1. You may not use obscene or offensive language or images, be intentionally disruptive or bully users.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/foru...read.php?t=1964

Do not try to stir things up again or you will be banned.

I didnt stir anything up, it was already "stirred" up!

Can I suggest that people don't go running over there trying to comment on this matter as it's only likely to make things worse. By all means join the forum and give advice to posters as you would here but dragging up old threads (in which you are mainly going on hearsay) is only going to cause trouble.

I'm sure CFC is big enough and ugly enough to fight his own battles ;)

OK, I know aquariums are excellent autism therapy, but the parents should at least be somewhat responsible for the aquarium! And, while I am against flaming the kid, the mods should allow people to at least warn him (not flame him!) to get a better tank. And I think the mods have lost it. They need to step it up, instead of sidestepping an issue, they must face it face on or NOBODY benefits from the forum.

^ i dont understand how a 15 year old that has autism could have so many tanks, that are large, and have lots of fish that are considerd big, expersive, and rare, and know that much about him. I know people with autism, and they arent aware of whats going on half the time. Plus he keeps talking about baaysitting a fish for his boss and stuff like that. I am getting confused, and no, i didnt flame him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back