Powerheads...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
What sort of fish are in the tank?

If the fish have to constantly swim into a current it is too much for most fish.

If a fish is sitting in the water and the currents are moving the fish around, it's too much for most fish.

I normally turn the head to shoot across the length of tank but like Colin T said above if the fish are being constantly moved by the current it will be too much for them
If this is the case i turn the head towards the side of tank so that it breaks down before it hits the rest of the tank, even my Corys swim in filter bubbles they like to blast from 1 side to the other then swim back & do it again, They also do this with the airstones, Swimming up & down for a while

It’s a mix of Buenos Aires and X-ray tetras, a blood parrot, a firemouth, and a red tailed black shark. It doesn’t look like anyone is just blowing around in the current....
Here’s a vid....

There's too much current in that tank. There are some small tetras? that were being washed around and the air bubbles are being pushed around too.

If you have a powerhead that is not attached to a filter, then put it on a timer and have it come on for 30-60 minutes a day and then turn it off for the rest of the day. You can have it come on a couple of times a day for a shorter time but I wouldn't have it running 24/7.

still look like too much? The little guys just cruise in the current there. It’s right in the middle, and seems like their favorite place to hang.
would adding an actual store bought powerhead filter attachment slow the flow down more? I currently just have a intake cover from an old hob stuffed with polyfil to try and polish the water a little bit

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back