Potential white spot...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Mrscmurray

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I woke up this morning to find a singular white spot on one of my comet's fins. It looks similar to a piece of sugar or salt in appearance and I've read that ich can take this appearance. I tried to take a photo but the little blighter won't keep still.

Would you recommend I hold off for a couple of days to confirm what it is or get the medication for this asap? Also what would be the best thing to treat this with? I know there are quite a few out there so anyone's personal experience would be great.

He's young at present at approx 2 inches in length, currently in a 30l tank with plans to get a much larger one for him just after Christmas - another lfs just selling a fish story . We weren't aware of anything like the cycle originally so we learnt the hard way and the poor fish has inevitably suffered for this.

My parameters are:

KH 125
Ph - 7.6
Nitrite - 0.05ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm
Ammonia - 0

I've just done a 50% water change due to the nitrite spike so now shouldn't be as high. I usually change about 40% of the water a week and do a good gravel clean at the same time.

Until you're sure, we usually suggest holding off on medicine. Often just cleaning the water works wonders. It's been a couple days since you posted this, any updates?

Until you're sure, we usually suggest holding off on medicine. Often just cleaning the water works wonders. It's been a couple days since you posted this, any updates?

He's still got the spot on his fun but it seems to be getting smaller. He's not scratching on any of the decor or behaving differently at all. I'll hang on and see what happens

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back