FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
So as many of you know, I said I was going to be moving to PA sometime soon. Well… plans kinda changed, as I’m moving to South Carolina in just a few weeks! We are down here touring the house for the first time as well.

Thing is, right here next to the house, is this sweet little pond:
29E8B4B5-F8BC-4E9E-9164-3384DE6322D1.jpeg
3064A1D7-22BC-4273-B2BC-B05C4174DFD4.jpeg

Definitely needs some work, but it has tons of potential.

Already filled with some giant mosquito fish as well:
010F2BC3-510E-44B2-878D-D98C96A9122A.jpeg

THATS SO COOL!!! What would you do with it? It looks big😱
Thanks! No clue yet, would love to get some koi, but I’d have to do some research first. And I’d have to clean out the pond, there’s still a lot of work to do.

That is awesome! Your parents are buying a house with your very own pond! Keep us updated

If you get the house, drain the pond and flush it out. Get rid of the Gambusia. Set it up with rainbowfish and Corydoras. Let them breed over summer and sell the young. Bring the adults indoors when the temperature gets too cold, assuming it gets cold in South Carolina.

Then use the money from the fish to build your fish room :)

There is a job being advertised in Perth for someone who wants to work with corals and coral propogation. They have some multi-coloured corals like you have on your blog. It would be right up your alley if you lived here :)

If you get the house, drain the pond and flush it out. Get rid of the Gambusia. Set it up with rainbowfish and Corydoras. Let them breed over summer and sell the young. Bring the adults indoors when the temperature gets too cold, assuming it gets cold in South Carolina.

Then use the money from the fish to build your fish room :)
You make things sound so simpleo_O

You make things sound so simpleo_O
It is simple tho. You could put 3 or 4prs of rainbowfish into that pond and they would breed and 3 months later there would be several hundred fish in there, assuming birds and animals don't get them.

Same deal with catfish. Put a group of 10 Corydoras in the pond and they will breed and the babies will grow up with the adults. Three months later there will be hundreds of them too.

Swap the Corydoras for a peaceful dwarf cichlid (1 male and 3 or 4 females), 3 months later there will be hundreds of cichlids to get rid of. You could possibly even have Cories and dwarf cichlids, depending on the pond dimensions.

Give any bird, fish or animal a safe secure home with clean water, lots of food and shelter, and no predators, and they breed.

Well... strange turn of events. Turns out that I'm not moving down to SC, and we are staying here. My dad got fired from his brand-new job about a week ago. I would rather not go into detail, but I can assure you he certainly did nothing to deserve it. It was absolutely cold hearted for his ex-boss to fire him this close to the move, because we already had a house down there and had just put a brand-new roof on it.

So much for the pond, it would have been great. Kind of bittersweet about not moving. Sweet because I can stay close to all my friends/activities, but bitter because there were a lot of good opportunities down in SC, including the pond. :look:

Well... strange turn of events. Turns out that I'm not moving down to SC, and we are staying here. My dad got fired from his brand-new job about a week ago. I would rather not go into detail, but I can assure you he certainly did nothing to deserve it. It was absolutely cold hearted for his ex-boss to fire him this close to the move, because we already had a house down there and had just put a brand-new roof on it.
That sucks.

I suppose there's no chance the ex boss is going to reimburse your family for the money they spent putting a new roof on the place down south?

Does your dad have a job up here or is he looking for work now because of the South Carolina issue?

That sucks.

I suppose there's no chance the ex boss is going to reimburse your family for the money they spent putting a new roof on the place down south?

Does your dad have a job up here or is he looking for work now because of the South Carolina issue?
Absolutely no chance that he will reimburse us for anything. Firing him after we were already half packed, just bought a new house (a bee expensive one might I add) and a brand new roof for said house? Total disregard for human emotion.

Luckily he already worked sort of part time at the place where I work, and my boss is a family friend of ours. So he’s going to hire my dad full time. My dad will also do contract flying (essentially where rich people hire him for a couple of days to fly them somewhere, because they don’t have a full time pilot) if he has time or if he have extra expenses we need to cover.

———

We have the house on the market and are hoping and praying it sells soon, or else my parents will have a huge debt and will have to pay out of pocket.

That's so messed up.... I cant believe his boss didnt even give him a chance

Most reactions

Back