Post your first tank vs. newest!

Navfish

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have numerous tanks in the past and well they weren't the best looking!

But here is a pic of my first tank (10g) vs. my newest (37g)

10 months difference!! :)

Attachments

• 3672CF8C-43B3-46C1-B976-E63034053C2F.jpeg
    3672CF8C-43B3-46C1-B976-E63034053C2F.jpeg
    57.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 0FA250C2-AA6D-4889-8C34-641FB6B61927.jpeg
    0FA250C2-AA6D-4889-8C34-641FB6B61927.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Wow! I love your new set up!
I should show a photo of my old and new tank as well... But those photos are not on my tablet

Really nice.
Can you detail the tank and equipment on the 37g?

first SUCCESSFUL tank ( i had 2 tanks that failed), 15g
current 75g tank( only have these closeup videos)

Ooh I can contribute here
Two tanks, both of which I still own and are still running, comparison between 2014 and now.

So a 120x50x60, then a tanganyika now "amazonia"
2014.PNG

2022.PNG

60x30x30, then a badly done community tank, now a quarantine
2014_2.PNG

2022_2.jpg

btw yes, parts of the anubias are from these plants for sure...along with like 9 other plants I have now.

Really nice.
Can you detail the tank and equipment on the 37g?

I just bought the TopFin 37g tank, so it came with the filter, light, bubbler! The only other thing I added equipment wise was a fluval heater.

Dimensions are:
Width- 30inches
Depth-12inches
Height-22inches

Last edited:
Sadly , a picture of my first aquarium does not exist . That aquarium was in 1965 and it was very different from anything I have now. It had way too many fish in it and fish of little compatibility with each other. There was one thing it had that I want to see just once more. It sat on my dresser in my room in a spot that got a little direct afternoon sunlight and I had Vallisneria rooted in my tasteful blend of green , yellow , blue and red gravel. That Vallisneria gave off a tiny stream of bubbles from its leaves every afternoon when I got home from school. So cool.

Sadly , a picture of my first aquarium does not exist . That aquarium was in 1965 and it was very different from anything I have now. It had way too many fish in it and fish of little compatibility with each other. There was one thing it had that I want to see just once more. It sat on my dresser in my room in a spot that got a little direct afternoon sunlight and I had Vallisneria rooted in my tasteful blend of green , yellow , blue and red gravel. That Vallisneria gave off a tiny stream of bubbles from its leaves every afternoon when I got home from school. So cool.
what about your newest one?

Wow! I love your new set up!
I should show a photo of my old and new tank as well... But those photos are not on my tablet
Nevermind... I don't have a full picture of my original tank lol.
I must have deleted the photos 😅

Nothing to write home about. I entered this tank in TOTM awhile back looking a bit different. Then it had no substrate or plants. There is a trio of Aplocheilus lineatus Golden Wonder killifish in there with two spawning mops , duckweed and Salvinia. I would have preferred black sand as the base but I had this colored gravel handy. The fish just did not like the bare bottom. They really changed by adding the gravel and covering three sides with brown paper. I feed wingless fruit flies and it's fun to watch these fish hunt the flies that walk on the duckweed. The top glass is spattered with dried duckweed flung up there by these predators . The duckweed is thriving in this north facing window despite no dedicated aquarium light. The fish give me eggs in abundance and the whole dark scene looks like nature to me despite the awful gravel. I will be changing that out pretty soon.
image.jpeg

I can't find my old fish photos of my first reef tank in 1995. But they didn't invent digital cameras when I got my first 29 gallon in 1983

First would’ve been in 1967 or 68 according to my mam. She remembers it on a wall unit in the living room which was the first furniture she bought specifically for the house I was dragged up in.

If you crawl a bit down an angled shaft into a dusty cave around here, you may find a picture of my first tank carved into the wall, under the bison and to the left of the extinct cave bear drawing. Don't trip on the neanderthal bones - nice guys but they never cleaned up after themselves.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back