Post your favorite thing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elise

Fish Herder
Reaction score
My favorite thing about my bettas is how they immediately rush to the front of their tank and start dancing all pretty-like when I come in the room! :wub:

I love how my little Louis cleans his own tank. Each night after I feed him, I catch him scouring every single inch of the bottom of his tank for leftover food - he'll do this for hours.

I think this is especially cool because he is completely blind and has to search for this food by smell only.
:wub:

i think if their was just one thing about bettas i wouldn't keep them there are so many thing about them .....but i suppose seeing how so small the babies are when born just a slither and knowing they Will turn into Bettas........ :whistle: :rofl: :rofl:

I'd have to say that my fav. thing about my betta boys is when they're feeling nice and healthy and frisky, so they use every inch of that five gallon tank to the fullest by darting around, bubble nesting, posing, and playing in their plants. :)

I love how they don't even realize that they're flaring at themselves in the mirror.. for example:

bbflarereflection.jpg

I love how incredibly aware they are of their surroundings. So many fish will just swim around, oblivious to the human staring at them, and then there are Bettas, who will stare back....

Kiarra said:
I love how incredibly aware they are of their surroundings. So many fish will just swim around, oblivious to the human staring at them, and then there are Bettas, who will stare back....
I like that too!

I just love how interactive they are, and how they all have their own personalities... some of mine are shy, and others flare at me whenever they see me! :lol:
Some hesitate over taking bloodworms, some nip them right off my finger, some are picky eaters, etc etc...

I love it when Bull and I have a staring contest, and if I dont turn away, he'd start flaring all crazy at me, lol.

a staring contest with a fish, gee, i wonder who'd win. :blink:

Okay, no more cheating... I'll try to pick something. ;)

I love how Koenig plays peek-a-boo with me from behind the leaves of his silk plant.
I love how Diamond pretends to be stuck up, even though I don't think he could make it through the night alone.
I love how Sakana is so friendly, coming up to the front of the tank, even when he's sick, just to say hi.
I love how Angel flares at EVERYTHING in his tank, including the gravel and the thermometer.

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love how my boy's shy but spunky. If I put a pencap against his tank, he swims away, slowly circles back to look, then darts away again. It's so cute! :wub: I also love how he flares at himself. You know, its for that reason that I call bettas the jewels of the rice paddy. :p

hmm..well lighting stares at everything,amy thinks she is a total princess. stary has this cute lazy eye,flame stares at stuff and you dont know what he is staring at.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back