Possible Virus on forum

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
For the last 2 days I have been getting a small window pop up at the bottom of my screen. It says:

"What do you want to do with index.html (7.0KB)?
From: tpc.googlesyndication.com" It has buttons for Open Save Cancel

This pops up randomly on different threads in this forum but does not pop up on any other forum I got to.

I have not opened or saved it and click the x at the top of my browser to close that page/ thread.

Attachments

• virus fishforum1.jpg
    virus fishforum1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 97
My advice is wear a mask when you go on our site. It will prevent you from catching any viruses. :p:ninja:

Oh what a feeling, Toyota corona virus.

That's an old advert for Toyotas from the 70s and 80s. "Oh what a feeling, Toyota".
Toyota had a car called a corona back in the 60s and 70s, hence my play on words.

------------------
Speaking of the Wuhan corona virus, the Australian government quarantined a bunch of people that were possibly infected. At least 2 of these people were infected and instead of keeping them quarantined until they were safe to go back into society, the government flew them across the country and let them out of quarantine. Both people were confirmed positive for the corona virus.

How bloody stupid is that. The government that is meant to be protecting our borders, knowingly and willingly, releases 2 infected patients back into mainstream society to spread the virus.

I'm currently stocking up on groceries so I don't have to spend as much time at the local shopping centre where workers go into work with colds and flu viruses and customers and staff sneeze on products.

What stupid is that, that Caribbean cruise line? They let the infected people off the cruise! They infected people in wherever they were and then went to the USA! This is getting out of hand. :rolleyes:

We had a Japanese cruise liner that had the contaminated people on board.

The Australian gov is a joke idk if you guys know this but they basically enslave the Indonesian isles and just absolutely beg the knee to oil companies to a point the their domestic gas is 40% more than the gas they export plus them not having an actual bill of rights it's going Into a police state that silences whistle blowers and uses backdoor tech laws that allow all governments to access your phone and infringe your rights in the USA and Europe

The Australian gov is a joke idk if you guys know this but they basically enslave the Indonesian isles and just absolutely beg the knee to oil companies to a point the their domestic gas is 40% more than the gas they export plus them not having an actual bill of rights it's going Into a police state that silences whistle blowers and uses backdoor tech laws that allow all governments to access your phone and infringe your rights in the USA and Europe
It's not quite as bad as that. We don't enslave Indonesia although the government has used a couple of Pacific Islands (not Indonesian Islands) as dumping grounds for holding/ housing potential illegal immigrants that might have terrorist links. These are called "off shore detention centres". Most Australian residents would prefer that didn't happen and the immigrants were simply sent back to were they came from or imprisoned here where we can keep an eye on them.

Indonesia on the other hand has invaded numerous smaller countries and surrounding islands and killed off the local inhabitants so its own people can move in. This was particularly noticeable on the western half of Papua New Guinea (PNG), which is now named West Papua. The Indonesian army went into western PNG and slaughtered entire villages, wiping out anyone they encountered. The burnt villages to the ground and cleared vast areas of natural forest. Then the Indonesian government relocated thousands of its own residents into western PNG.

-------------------
There are some stupid things that happen here. We export most of our oil and gas to other countries and then buy in cheaper quality oil to use here. That has never made sense to me or anyone I know. Why export out product only to buy in the same product from another country?

Regarding natural gas, we export more than we should and this inflates the local domestic price of gas. Australian residents have to pay more for gas because companies are selling most of it overseas.

-------------------
There are some really stupid things that happen here in relation to land being sold to foreign investors. The Australian federal and state governments has sold vast areas of land to Chinese companies and even the Chinese government, as well as companies from other countries. Technically, a portion of Australia is now owned by the Chinese government and that infuriates lots of Australians. And what makes it worse is the Australian government hid these land sales from the public and the only way we found out was due to a whistle blower in parliament that leaked documents to the press.

Nobody from Australia can buy or own a house or land in China, so why is the Australian government letting the Chinese government and foreign owned companies buy Australia?

The Australian government should have leased the land to China for a set period of time and put in stipulations about the land must be in better condition at the end of the lease. But they didn't do anything like that.

The Chinese government bought land in the north west of Western Australia and is now building a private air base there that is off limits to anyone from Australia. Who knows what is going on there. Will they use the airport to smuggle drugs into the country and take native flora & fauna out of the country? Nobody will know because nobody is allowed onto the area to see what is going on. They could be building a nuclear bomb there and we wouldn't know.

-------------------
Anti-terrorism laws were enacted some years ago and they force internet companies to monitor everyone's search engines. They are looking for key words like bomb, terror and government. This is a bit of an issue here with some people worrying about what else is being monitored, but for the most part, no innocent people have been arrested or disappeared because of this law.

-------------------
As for the Police state, that it unlikely to happen here. If the government does something stupid or something people don't like, the people vote them out. (Voting is compulsory in Australia). And the big decisions are made in the senate, which comprises of people from both parties. So both opposing factions of the government need to agree on something major before it can become law. And it's rare for both factions of the government to agree on anything except a pay rise for themselves.

Last edited:
folks..let's not get too much into a political discussion here...but let's get back on the main topic here concerning a possible virus on our forum..I have not seen the issue that Colin has..but it could be a concern if others have seen it. Has anyone else seen the issue Colin has posted?

It's still occurring and just popped up on this thread a moment ago.

Attachments

• virus fishforum3.jpg
    virus fishforum3.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 127
Sometimes on my PC it does that, but I just x it out. Not biggie IMO.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back