Possible Popeye male Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

VenusCacti

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new here. I've had my guy for a few months now, have him in a 5 gallon. Since moving him from a 2.5 gal to his 5 gal tank he has grown significantly. When I first got him I noticed he had a few scales that were a bit brighter than the others. I thought it could be ich, but he doesnt seem to be rubbing against anything in his tank and he is always lively, eats well. They are pineconing. Anyone think this could be anything? Recently I feel like his eyes are bulging. No cloudiness or anything but if it's a problem I'd like to address it ASAP. When I moved him to his 5 gal I added some driftwood. Boiled it and everything, but it does have a white fuzzy fungus that keeps growing back. I've read that it's safe and that some fish will eat it, but he pays no mind to it. Could this be something that causes popeye? I'm not even sure if he has it, maybe I'm just being paranoid. Any response or input would be greatly appreciated!!! Sorry they aren't great views of his eyes. Hes camera shy. And sorry for such a long post if it's nothing! I'm just paranoid and want him to be healthy.
I do water changes every week- 25%.
He has a filter, and heater (77-80°F)
Live plants, and a light.
I condition his water and test it- all within the normal range.

Attachments

• 20190912_012838.jpg
    20190912_012838.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 20190912_013106.jpg
    20190912_013106.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 138
From what I can see there is nothing wrong with your betta. Looks very healthy...no Popeye. You do need to do larger water changes each week. 70% is safe and healthier.

From what I can see there is nothing wrong with your betta. Looks very healthy...no Popeye. You do need to do larger water changes each week. 70% is safe and healthier.
Thank you so much! Sorry for being paranoid. And thank you for the 70% water change tip! Just want to keep this guy healthy.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back