Possible poorly female betta

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

CazRJ

Reaction score
Hi,

This is my first keeping of Bettas and I have had a female in my community tank for about 6 months. Water levels are fine Amonia/nitrites 0 pH 7.

She has a white patch on her head behind one eye, and I have tried treating it with white spot/ fungus meds and a general tonic none of which has done anything. She does seem bothered about it, still swims around and eats.

I'm not even sure if it is an illness for just some mark she's always had as she was very pale when I got her. But obviously if it is something which could cause greater harm I would like to try and help her. Iv noticed it for about 2 maybe 3 months and it doesn't seem to have gotten bigger.

Any advice as to what it might be?? These are the best pics I could get of her....
IMG_20220525_171646.jpg
IMG_20220525_171646_01.jpg

She may have lost some scales when she was younger and it’s scabbed over. Or it could just be her markings, I doubt it’s an illness and it’s definitely not one I’ve ever seen. I hope that she either grows back the missing scales or the color in that area brightens, or even better it turns out just to be a little bit that makes her extra special

She may have lost some scales when she was younger and it’s scabbed over. Or it could just be her markings, I doubt it’s an illness and it’s definitely not one I’ve ever seen. I hope that she either grows back the missing scales or the color in that area brightens, or even better it turns out just to be a little bit that makes her extra special
Oh thanks so much, that really puts my mind at rest! Phew! I think she's beautiful so happy for her quirky patch :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back