Poll: Which Do You Prefer: Sand Or Gravel?

Sand or Gravel?

  • Sand

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gravel

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0

Mako Man111

Fishaholic
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Points
0
As the title states, which do you prefer?


Also please state your reason(s) why.
 
I think Sand looks much better and 100x more natural, but I'm more comfterable with gravel because thats what I've used since I started. I have 1 sand tank right now so soon enough I'll know for sure what I like.
 
I think sand looks much better as a newbie rushed to buy everything ie: gravel never give sand a thought until I joined this forum and have seen all the lovely tank set ups they look so much nicer and natural :)
 
I think sand looks much better as a newbie rushed to buy everything ie: gravel never give sand a thought until I joined this forum and have seen all the lovely tank set ups they look so much nicer and natural :)

Any more opinions?
 
I am actually about to convert my 2gal snail tank to sand... in like one hour. :)
 
Sand cuz is more suitable for my cories.
 
hi was it easy to convert form gravel to sand im seriously thinking about it.How did you do it did you empty everything then refill.Please replay asap
Thanks :D
 
I am going to post a journal somewhere of how I did it. :) My snail seems to love it! The tank only houses the snail at the moment but is my betta hospital tank/plant housing tank. And I thought I should trial using sand on a small tank, get the hang of cleaning it etc. before I use it in a bigger tank.
 
Can we get anyone to reply who likes gravel like me? Sand would be cool, but to me, the cons outweigh the pros. I like the darker color gravels like my tan/brown gravel for my planted tank especially. I also like my natural rio grande gravel for my cichlid tank. Its a fairly small grain and the fish can move it around easily.
 
I started off with gravel and found it to be pretty easy to keep clean with a gravel vac.
However, since upgrading to a larger tank I have changed to sand and it does look more natural, especially when it gets moved around into little drifts here and there.
And Whiskers loves it! So I shall have to vote for sand at the moment.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top