Poll: How Happy Are You Of It?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Given your original idea and expectations, how much does your tank comply? Not necessarily right now

• It's exactly how I wanted it, or perhaps even better

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • It's almost there

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • I'm barely satisfied

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • I'll never get there

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

maurizio

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm a beginner, and struggling to get it the way I dreamt of it. But after all, it's still a little piece of Nature we're trying to recreate in there, and of course Nature takes its own course anyway. So... how happy are you with your tank?

Your comment on nature hit the nail for me. It's nature, we plan and it does what it likes. My tanks are exactly what I want them to be, a reflection of nature. So they're not what they were planned to be, but I never expected them to actually turn out that way, that's part of the reason I do this. They're healthy and the fish seem happy (well they're breeding which is generally a good sign).

Thanks Dr Rob, very nice comment indeed. I can say similar things of mine: fish appear happy, from what I can see, for which I'm very contented.
It's just that sometimes I would like to see a few of my plants SURVIVE, and a bit less diatoms...

My betta tank turned out much better than I thought it would so I'm very happy with it, Maurizio!

I wanted one that looked like the display tank I saw at my LFS. Given that that one was 200g long and mine is only 29g. I got close but it doesn't look like that tank. But I am happy with it.

I'm very envious of your tank, Stan. It's really lovely.

I have one tank that's just the way I like it (although other people think I should have more plants) but the other two will always be a work in progress. Too much algae and not enough plants or fish. But if I could just sit back and do nothing with them, well, where's the fun in that?

In all of my tanks, I suppose you could say I really like the way they look, but I'm positive I'll never have them look perfect. I will always be mucking around in my tanks, adding new plants, rearranging decorations, adding more caves, etc. I'm never going to be completely satisfied, and I'm happy with that.

I'm one of those people who is NEVER satisfied with tanks :) always poking and prodding and adding and moving and changing and when I can finally add no more and move no more... I set up another tank and start again :p

Doesn't mean I don't love the tanks! Just... always see ways to improve :)

I'll be satisfied with my 36 gallon soon, the stocking is almost perfect and the plants are almost there too.  I'm not happy at all with my son's South American 55 gallon though.  Still need to sort out the plants & stocking. 

I am feeling like my 37-gallon is just as good as I wanted it to be, and it gives me much more enjoyment than I anticipated.  It was a long road, though.  For a few months I felt like smashing the tank and giving up, LOL!  And I still have those *moments*...

I have 2 tanks, a 10 gl and a 20 gl. I have kept fish before and loads of them (livebearers). But I am now learning everyday how to keep them correctly. I have no live plants and no bogwood and use gravel. Yes, this might work for now but not my eventual goal! So, someday...someday. Until then I enjoy reading and gathering info.

I'm only satisfied because I dont have hundreds of dollars to get tons of plants for it.
whistling.gif
It's functional and my fish dont mind either way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back