Polaroid A700

You bet! Any other questions, just ask!

Also, do you have any photo editing software? If not you can download Picassa from Google for free and it does a preety good job touching things up!

SLC

I have corel photo album 6, dell picture studio v2.0 and photo impression 2. I don't believe I have any questions, though what do you see as the major advantages over digital camera over a 35mm non-digital?

Don't have to develop junk shots, easier to edit your work, after the initial cost of camera and media, the rest is essentially free, with the exception of photo paper and ink if you are into printing your shots. Film rolls are expensive for what you get, considering that you can't go back and "record over an exposed film frame!

SLC

Yes that's what I thought it basically was. To develop your photos you can send them online to a store or bring your card into the store right?

Yeah or if you have a decent inkjet printer you can buy photo paper and do your own printing the results are really good in my experience.

SLC

Just followed your link to your 5.5 gallon pico tank, I was looking at an identical setup this weekend tank lights and all. Had to abandon the idea though because I'm quitting my job to finish up school quicker! I've got a 12 gallon jbj nano reef running right now, they're a blast aren't they? Mine is stocked with a false percula clown and a yellow clown goby, along with green star polyp and zooanthid colonies.

Ok I'll probably just develop them at a store, we have a lazer printer but not a decent injet.

Ya the 5.5's lenght is nice but the depth is hard to work with. It's a nice size and can fit in some spots easily. I take it you like your jbj cube, I was thinking of upgrading mine to that maybe. They sure are a blast. I just need to get more money, I don't have a "real" job right now, my job is more seasonal for now. Both corals you have I hope to get later once I get some more specific test kits. Hope you finish school soon. If you saw the pics, those were taken with a 10$ digital camera from walgreens, pretty bad huh?

Yeah I can definately see why you are in need of a good cam. With this Fujifilm camera you'll have no trouble getting really clear shots of your tank, it'll have a macro mode for very closeup shots of hitchhikers and with 8 mega pixels you'll be able to crop in quite a bit to blow up shots of very small stuff to post on here if you need to.

I love the jbj cube, just because it came reef ready, I only had to add an additional powerhead to boost the water turnover rate. My one gripe is that the square shape makes your aquascaping options a bit more limited.

SLC

Yeah I can definately see why you are in need of a good cam. With this Fujifilm camera you'll have no trouble getting really clear shots of your tank, it'll have a macro mode for very closeup shots of hitchhikers and with 8 mega pixels you'll be able to crop in quite a bit to blow up shots of very small stuff to post on here if you need to.

I love the jbj cube, just because it came reef ready, I only had to add an additional powerhead to boost the water turnover rate. My one gripe is that the square shape makes your aquascaping options a bit more limited.

SLC

Yes that's exactly what I was hoping for, clear shots plus closeups. Dealing with that cheap camera for 7 ,months sure can get on your nerves. That and I like taking pics of nature.

Well the depth has to be better, I think my depth is 8" at most, that's annoying :angry:

Well things didn't turn out ok. My mom got cut off on the highway. She ended up going into the ditch, she's ok but the cars not so I won't be getting the camera today and the sale ends today. Here's my options as I see them
1. Wait till the camera goes on sale again or if they continue the sale
2. But it online
3. Wait till another similar camera goes on sale and purchase it

I'm hoping that they will continue the sale since they had a lot in stock when I called and it's fathers day next weekend, if they do I could probably get it.

Ah good news, my mom's going to wal-mart tonight for my little sister so I'm going there to get the accessories. I don't think they have any good cameras for the same price so I'll just stick with the one I'm going to get, hopefully I'll be able to get it today afterall.

edit: I got the camera, xd card, and a xd reader. I need to get a case at walmart but i needed the size and I didn't have it when I went there. I'm not sure it takes sd cards, it did not say anywhere when I bought it but only that it took xd cards and the guy who helped me out said xd cards. Hopefully this will work out ok. Gota work it out tonight and take some pics

If you follow the link in my sig I uploaded some pics. Currently my camera takes them huge, over 3000megapixels and I have to resize them. Do you know how to get the black bar on top of photos where you can see them normal size on the forum?

At wal-mart they had in a yellow box and camera case, sd/xd card holder and rechargable batteries with charger for 18$. Do you think the batteries would be ok to use with my camera?

thanks

So did you get the Fujifilm camera or something else?

If it was the Fujifilm it should be compatible with SD and xD cards, but either way you've got an xD card so you're good to go.

Congratulations, enjoy that camera and take lots of pictures. You stated you are reading the manual, congratulations! you may actually learn how to take proper pictures unlike the vast majority of people out there!

yes get the batteries if you can, rechargables are the only way to go if they are available. also look into whether there is a battery pack you could put into the camera, they work tons better. Some cameras are compatible with a battery pack but don't come with them!

SLC

Yes sorry I didn't say that but yes I got the fujifilm A800 for 140$. So far the macro pics are clear and normal shots are good. I still have to try the video and all the modes it has. There are features like beach pics that I bet you know of that I still have to read up about.

I read in the manual it is compatible with certain sd cards. I ended up getting a 512mb xd card by scandisk on sale for 15$. I might end up getting a sd card later also, this one holds over 200pics and that's enough for now.

Yes I will take proper pics, in a week I'm going to the beach and a battleship and will take a bunch of pics on them. I'll give you the link when I post them so you can see the quality.

Yes I got Kodak ni-mh rechargable batteries. I got 4 with a charger that charges 4 at a time. I haven't read anything about a battery pack but will. For now the rechargable batteries will be good since I can charge them all and have spares also.

Thanks a lot for all the help. :good:

yeah no problem! The shots look good, congratulations.

Just stick with the xD card till it doesn't work anymore, no reason to buy anything else unless you feel like you want a backup card. these things last forever anyway. can't wait to see your vacation pics, have fun.

SLC

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back