🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello and good day TFF!

I wanted to blanch some cucumbers for my Pleco, Shrimp, and snails. I did so just a couple of minutes ago. I have a couple of questions...

1( Would it be better to freeze them or refrigerate them?

2( Once I put one in the tank, should I put something underneath it so it’s doesn’t decay on the sand? Or will my pleco/shrimp/snails take care of it?

Thanks in advance. :)

I like to anchor my veggies to suction cups and remove them after about 12-24 hours so they dont affect the water

I never blanched cucumber (or courgette aka zucchini, which is more nutritious). I just washed the cucumber under cold water, then sliced it. I skewered the slice with a teaspoon handle to weight it down.
I used a half cucumber or whole courgette/zucchini; I used 1 slice then froze the rest on a baking sheet before putting them in a freezer bag.

You can buy veggie clips made just for that purpose. I use them. I also slice and peel my veggies and then freeze them. I don’t blanch them until ready to feed them.
E14E26FC-E1C9-40CF-8DCF-6A4F76A602F8.png

Ok guys, thanks!

I just plopped it in there. He is loving it! It is interesting, the shrimp love it, but the snails don’t.

It is also weird that he is only eating out the center, he is only eating the seeds. Weird Hu? :)

Ok guys, thanks!

I just plopped it in there. He is loving it! It is interesting, the shrimp love it, but the snails don’t.

It is also weird that he is only eating out the center, he is only eating the seeds. Weird Hu? :)
Interesting. The snails will probably just take longer to find it

Ok guys, thanks!

They will eat the center out. Later you’ll find the snails all over it.

They will eat the center out. Later you’ll find the snails all over it.
Ok, good. I’m glad that he is getting food now. It seems in the past (with the algae wafers) he just got to eat a little and then the shrimp/snails took over. I’m glad he is now getting suffocated food. Also, his bristles have grown out. I’m so proud of him! :)

Check this out guys!
60C5F3CE-E5FA-4B69-9F0B-DB79E397110D.jpeg

My pleco (which I still haven’t named yet, any ideas?) ate out the center and then the snails had at it! The shrimp also really like it.

Here is a kind of blurry picture of my pleco:
4039295A-9C10-4D50-89CC-9C5BC97C31FB.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back