Pleco has redness on edge of fin

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

un-erasable pencil

Reaction score
Hi,
I noticed my pleco having some redness on the edge of his fin. I'm not exactly sure why but I suspect my tiger barbs are nipping him. Otherwise he eats well and doesn't seem to be stressed but I was wondering in anyone knows what this could be and what I can do about it. In case anyone is wondering, I have a 45g with 14 barbs and the one pleco.

Attachments

• 20220619_155215.jpg
    20220619_155215.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 49
Hi,
I noticed my pleco having some redness on the edge of his fin. I'm not exactly sure why but I suspect my tiger barbs are nipping him. Otherwise he eats well and doesn't seem to be stressed but I was wondering in anyone knows what this could be and what I can do about it. In case anyone is wondering, I have a 45g with 14 barbs and the one pleco.

Okay I don't know what that is, but my betta had the same thing on his ventral fin when I first got him. As far as I know it can happen when the fish is stressed. His blood clot looking thing went away when the tank finally cycled. I stupidly did a fish-in cycle.

thats an albine, so it pops alot more, it could not be as bad as it seems, he should be fine although if you really want to be sure, seperate him into a new tank, make sure its cycled all that jazz and isolate him to whatch his progress but then again, maybe just test the waters as ive never personally had that before but as said above it could simply be like a chamical burn from the chemicals being too high

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back