Please help!! What do i do with my Female Injured Cherry Barb?!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

primsloaches16

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey yall! Havent posted in awhile, mostly everything has been going great except for the thing I noticed today. I moved my cherry barb school (12 barbs, 9 females, 3 males) to the 20 gallon tall, solo. They're the only fish in there. Today we had a power outage, so their filter wasnt working for about 6-7 hours, while inspecting the tank I found one of me females with a large patch of scales behind her gills missing, and the skin white. She is lively and moving, but her gills are red. I immediately did a 30-35% water change with some turbo start and stress coat conditioner. I dont have any available quarantine tank. I have my 65 gallon, which has more stable parameters, what should I do? Keep her in the 20 and monitor, or move her to the 65 away from the other barbs so she can heal? IMO, I dont think the wound is bad enough for euthanasia, I can try to get a picture when the water clears up from the change. Should I remove a male or two? Thanks everyone in advance!

I would let her be where she's at, just keep the water super clean, perhaps add a bit of salt to help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back