Reaction score
Okay i currently have

4 mollys (female)
3 platys (female)
3 guppies (male)
1 swordtail (male)
4 cherry barbs
4 neons

I also have a gibbiceps plec that i'am taking to pets at home today as i didnt know they would grow so big, and my local lfs told me it was a cory (Doh! being a newbie i didnt know the difference). Anyways i've been waiting for him to get better as he lost a little of his colour recently, but he's great now,

My question is i'm going to replace him with some bronze corys and i wondered how many i could get for my 27.5uk gal tank, i was thinking 3 but i didnt know if they would be happy like this? (the lfs said they only had bronze, albino and peppered so i'm assuming that i've chosen the smallest)

Please help, as i need to get catching that plec asap as he is very evasive

Bronze and peppered are both quite big for cories I think...around 3". (Albino are the same species as bronze jsut a different colour). From what I've read, the bigger the school the better, but I had two by themselves for ages...

how big is the plec now?

I have 8 peppered, 2 bronze and 2 albino and they all get on well.

As you have no other bottom feeders, I recokn you could have 4 and even if you wanted have 2 albino and 2 bronze because they are the same kind anyways.

Rehoming the plec is a good idea, I'm not sure I would have taken him to Pets At Home though, they don't know their arse from their elbow!!

Well i thought this, but i was pleasantly suprised today (Pets at Home, Brislington, Bristol), they had completely revamped the entire area with bigger tanks lovely decorations clean looking with lots of healthy fish,

The tank they put my Plec in who is now close on 5", was absolutely huge where they another tank just above with a huge plec in, he must of been 5 inches across his head at least. I didnt see any dead fish, (which is a first). They had a guy who was tank monitoring and remained by the tanks constantly (this was apparentely because they get the local school kids in alot) and the lfs guy who helped us was really useful and knowledgeable about fishkeeping himself.

He has 4 tanks of his own, and gave me advice from plants to additional fish i could add, and maintenance of the fish i currently had, which matched the majority of the advice i heard on here.

I asked if i could get a lovely zebra type loach that was lovely with 3 corys, but the guy wouldnt let me have the loach as it had whitespot and was in a quarantine tank which was labelled above quite clearly *silly me* and they had 3 tanks like this which were used as hospital tanks, and two were empty

I really have to give them the thumbs up on this occasion, and i hope that there newfound quality of care lasts, as they are really doing such a better job than before.

Oooppps i forgot, i bought 2 corys (albino & bronze) and 2 black neons

I hope i have not overstocked here as i'm hoping to get another cory eventually, my water levels are fine and with the 6" airstone and the internal filter i have lots of surface agitation which i've heard can help.

BTW - i also saw my next tank on display there, £159, and its gorgeous

*nods* Pets At Home near me isn't bad either, not perfect, but nowhere near as bad as people on here say it is.

Did you get the cories or are you getting them a different day?

Yes Cluttery i got 2 corys a bronze and an albino, they are really nice, plus i got 2 black neons, with the hope to eventually get another cory next week

I just really hope that i'm not overstocked

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back