Please Help Me!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

drsoda007

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I currently have a 124L tank which is housing 2 mollies and 3 platies as well as about 11 babies.

For the babies would I be able to house them in a giant plastic storage bin?

I'm only 10yrs old and my parents say that I should spend as little as I can on my next tank. (I know I'm spoiled)

So can you keep fish in giant see through plastic storage bins?

(BTW I live in AUSTRALIA so...)

Hello,

What you would be better off doing is getting a breeding net, or a breeding trap, they are very cheap and sit in your tank at the surface taking up not much room at all and the fry can live in there for a few weeks and after that you can release them in to the main tank again :)

Just to add, if you was to keep it in a large plastic bin, you would still need a filter and heater (if needed) and some light.

Yes you can, the bigger the storage bin the better. As already said you will still need a heater and a filter .A cheap sponge filter would be great for the young fry, they can't get sucked into the side since there is only a sponge.

Cool!

I already know I need a filter(Sponge) and heater.

I will prob get some gravel, ornaments and some plants (i heard they like java moss?)

Gotta go feed my fishies

Thanks!

it'll cost more to set up that tank by buying a heater, filter ect. than if you just buy a breeding net, which cost about 4 GBP (dont know the conversion)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back