Please Help Me Id This Fish!

hisskiss

New Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all,

New to the forum. Looks fun! I wondered whether someone could help me identify this fish. I bought two of them a couple of months ago, and somehow managed not to clock what they are called (bought them amongst several others). Have looked in a number of books, rung the shop (a very large stockist) but have been unable to solve the mystery. I've attached a pic. A latin name and or common name would be wonderful. Whatever they are, they are very entertaining and would recommend them to anyone. Very active. Sorry for the poor quality of the image, they will not stay still for a second.

Hope someone can help. Thanks,

Erik.


 
I was going to say Convict Cichlid but the red eyes put me off and I can't find my glasses :rolleyes:
 
yes i regreted sayin that after reserching on google lol it dont matter i can edit it

it look like a convict ill agree with dorsey on that but the colour isnt right
 
not a convict :no:

this is a festivum :hey:
festivum1.jpg

20060526-010-0300.jpg
 
With or without glasses, I'm wrong :rolleyes:
 
Thank you all very very much! Mystery solved. Lovely fish I must say. Colours of mine seem particularly vivd compared to the photos you find on the net.

Erik.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top