Please Drop Already!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Deepatlantis

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I have a guppy who is heavily pregnant. I've had her three weeks and I guessed she was about two weeks pregnant when I got her. She's been squared off since last Weds and last night she was guarding the area under the bridge so I thought she might drop, but this morning still nothing. I'm getting really fed up if watching her now! I don't have a question, just wanting to vent...

i know what your feeling, whenever you want guppies to have babes they never (for me)drop only in the most unconvient times do they,yours does eem like its any day so best of luck.

I am going through the same exact thing. So annoying. I've been watching a whole day! Lol. Good luck

Yeah, a watched pot never boils! Lol. Good luck to you both, keep me posted on your progress. Are you moving yours into a birthing tank? I'm going to let mine. Stay in the community tank this time and let nature take its course.

My first two batches were in a community tank, no casualties either time. Since then I separated my males from females and my fry have a separate tank too. I only dod this so I can stop them breeding and eventually selectively breed them. She is in the tank with my 3 week and 2 week old fry. Just for a little peace and quiet. But like I said last batches were fine in the community.

Yeah, one of my other guppies gave birth about two weeks ago, I think it was her first, and there were 11 fry when I came down in the morning. It was a bit of a surprise for me as she wasn't looking that big. Anyway, the other fish just ignored the fry, and I have quite large gravel so they would wiggle down between the stones and most of them made it, so I'm not too worried. I think it's too stressful for the mama to be moved at that time anyway. :)

I try to move them when they are still a week away. They don't seem to get stressed. I think they appreciate having more alone time lol

One of mine dropped. Now just waiting for the other one to drop hers... Any luck with yours yet?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back