Please Don't Be Hih

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

xtraman122

Reaction score
I noticed this morning that my Oscar has a fairly small white spot on his head. There is also a small thing that looks like a scale hanging off by it. I'm not sure if he has HIH or if he just bumped his head chasing something or just swimming around. There is only the one spot and it isn't really deep at all. He appears perfectly healthy, swimming fine, recognizing me when I come to feed him, eating fine. The included pic isn't great, but you can kind of see a small white spot by his eye if you make the pic bigger. I'll try to get a better one soon.

PS: He's about 5 or 6 inches long if it's important.

Water stats:

Temperature: 76-77C
Ammonia: 0
Nitrites: 0
Nitrates: 5
Ph: 7.2

HIH.jpg

I can't quite tell, but it looks like he just smashed into something, because it looks like the skin behind the wound is "buckled". Not 100% sure though. Do you have a pic from another angle?

Ryan

That's exactly what I was thinking, because there was a piece of skin exactly the size of the wound in question hanging from the spot. I'm still trying to get a better pic.

Is that real wood in there? Is it possible for him to have bumped into that, that's my common thought, like the person above mentioned. :nod:

HITH starts as pitting on the head in that location, however that is hard to say for sure that it is what he doesn't have.

It is real wood, but it's pretty soft. My guess is one of the rocks being the culprit.

Most reactions

Back