Please Can Someone Identify A Couple Of My Fish

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lisaw

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hi i have a fair few fish that came with the tank and i have a couple of fish that i dont know the names of

sorry that this one is a bit blured but hopefully someone can still make it out i have 4 of these :good:

IMG_1291.jpg

the next ones, the black one i have 2 of a male and a female

IMG_1285.jpg

hopefully someone can help me out i also have another one that i dont know what it is but he is so small and quick i cant get a pic of him lol

the second deffo looks like a mollie (dalamtion) i would say by the colour not a black mollie

1st pic is a peppered corydoras (Corydoras paleatus)
2nd pic is a young male swordtail (Xiphophorus helleri)

thank you for you quick replies after looking at them fish named online im sure the black one is a swordtail too

thanks again for the info :flowers:

if it is a young swordtail how big can i expect them to grow and do they breed easily as i have a male and a female B-)

ill have to try and get the other little fish on here so someone can identify that one but like i say it is so small and fast i cant get it in shot lol

thanks again for your awnsers they have been very helpfull x x

Male swords grow to about 2inches (without the tail), females are bigger, usually 3-4inches.
If you want to breed them have a few females for each male and have lots of plants (particularly floating plants) in the tank. These will provide a hiding place for the babies that are born live and look like tiny little versions of their parents.

for puppyjess, your picture looks like a male swordtail, not a female. The anal fin is straight in males and fan or triangular shaped in females.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back