Platy Depression? Platy Aggression?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

clcuk87

Reaction score
lately ive noticed that one of my mickey-mouse platys has been acting strangely. hiding at all times, hardly eats, clamped fins. it just looks so unhappy its driving me crazy! after my attention was drawn to this i started watching the tank more closely to see if i could find a reason for this behaviour. it seems the other mickey-mouse platy seems to be bullying the other. i noticed that whenever the sad one tries to venture out of its hiding spot, the other (if it sees him) will chase after him and he will go back to hiding. if the mean one comes remotely close to the sad one, the sad one automatically and very quickly dashes to the other side of the tank.

from what ive seen it is only the M-M platys that are having conflict, but i dont know what to do. should i seperate them and buy another tank or do i just leave it and see what happens? its just i feel so bad for the poor thing.

and i dont think its completely healthy either. ive had them for about 2 months now, and they were always energetic and swimming around. but about 2 weeks ago the one platy just seemed to get very lethargic and stays nearer the bottom of the tank... i dont know... cansomeone give me some advice? :unsure:

i would buy another tank but its up to you and im not sure what is amatter with it but it sounds like it is just one agressive fish lol :( poor fish :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back