Plants Suitable For Betta.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

betta_luvr

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just bought a plant from the LFS to add to my new and (yet) uncycled tank. I'm not sure what kind of plant it is. But some of the leaves are floating on the surface of the water, and I've tried to bury it in the gravel, but not sure if I've done it right. Shall I cut the leaves down so the plant is completely submerged?

Also - is it okay to put two apple snails into my tank to help with cycling?

I just bought a plant from the LFS to add to my new and (yet) uncycled tank. I'm not sure what kind of plant it is. But some of the leaves are floating on the surface of the water, and I've tried to bury it in the gravel, but not sure if I've done it right. Shall I cut the leaves down so the plant is completely submerged?

Also - is it okay to put two apple snails into my tank to help with cycling?

Hi
Not sure about the snails?? I know they poop alot though!

You can nip the top off your plant no problem or you can let it grow and trail across the surface.

Cheers

You should post a picture of the plant in the planted section of the forums to first make sure it's a true aquatic plant.

What did they say it was at the petstore?
Anubias and Java Fern roots shouldn't be completely buried in the substrate. Their roots require some water flow through them which is why people usually suggest tieing them off to a rock or wood. You can bury them some, but not like you would a sword plant.

I'm not sure - the guy at the LFS gave me a choice of about 2 million, and I asked him what he suggested. Some of the combinations made it all look a bit "weedy" so I think I made the right choice with this one. I think it's an aquatic plant, it was submerged in one of the aquariums, and I saw it in lots of the aquariums which housed tropical fish.

Most reactions

Back