Plants In Tubes?

tangokitty

Fish Addict
Joined
Apr 15, 2008
Messages
781
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
California
Whats with fish stores selling plants in little tubes that have no water in them and saying just rinse off the media and add to your tank?? wont they just melt from being placed in water having been raised out of water?? Some of the plants even say for aquarium or terrarium?!? I live in California and petsmart and Petco as well as some other stores now sell these instead of regualr plants. Have any of you seen them and know if they really will live?
 
Where do you live?? Maybe they only sell stupid things like this in California where the stupid people will buy anything?!?!? I wonder if I go to the store if I can get a picture with out the store people getting all mad?
 
Where do you live?? Maybe they only sell stupid things like this in California where the stupid people will buy anything?!?!? I wonder if I go to the store if I can get a picture with out the store people getting all mad?
Nope, they sold or sell them in Illinois and here in Pennsylvania also, I have been curious about them also but never took them serious.
 
I'm just disappointed because they stopped selling regular aquarrium plants and sell these instead :( I'd be to affraid to buy them to try they cost so much more as well!
 
Where do you live?? Maybe they only sell stupid things like this in California where the stupid people will buy anything?!?!? I wonder if I go to the store if I can get a picture with out the store people getting all mad?

In scotland and never have I seen anything like that.
 
Really? Which ones did you buy and how long have you had them? I think some are nice looking but don't know if it is worth it to buy them.
 
most plants are usually grown emerged anyway, and they die but they will recover, this is one of the main reasons most people give up on plants.
 
I had that problem when I first started to buy plants, but I always thought it was just me, that I was doing something wrong, then the plants came back! So those plants should be ok then?
 
Yes, just make sure that they're actually aquatic plants beforehand. I bought the java fern and some swords and they're still alive.
 
I've seen them on the net before, I think the most common one is 'aqua fern' or something which as actually a non-aquatic spikemoss.

As tyler says, you really need to make sure they are an aquatic species before you buy them.
 
They sell them here in Colorado also. my petsmart also stopped selling live plants and started selling the tube plants :P

I think the plants will be fine, if they are actually aquatic plants, some of them that are not will die after a while. One of the non aquatic ones are the umbrella plants...I think.
 
So If I want to b uy these I should first pick out the ones I want, then research to make sure they are aquatic, then go back and purchase them. I wish they would go back to selling the normal plants, sadly the petsmart was one of the best places to buy the plants other then ordering them form the web.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top