Plants are amazing

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

itiwhetu

Naturally First
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
We are having a dry spell on the coast and our little pond has completely dried up, but the Myriophyllum and Ludwigia don't really care, they just keep on doing their thing. The other plant that looks a bit like a crypt is actually what we call water buttercup.
20220308_170712.jpg

We are having a dry spell on the coast and our little pond has completely dried up, but the Myriophyllum and Ludwigia don't really care, they just keep on doing their thing. The other plant that looks a bit like a crypt is actually what we call water buttercup.
View attachment 155980
Those are aquatic plants out of the water!? They look beautiful! I wonder how they just adapted to terrestrial life so quickly...

This is the water buttercup, I have floated on the shelf of the tank, this plant spreads across the surface, we will see what it does
20220308_171945.jpg

Wow, incredible! I think that I enjoy aquatic plants more than I enjoy fish...

Just for fun here is a bee, this is the meanest thing we have in New Zealand

I was on a equipment startup in New Zealand a few years ago. I found and caught a Tree Wētā when having dinner with the mill manager and his family. They all told me that they are dangerous and poisonous, whereas I thought it was simply a strange looking grasshopper. I don't know if they are poisonous or dangerous, did not appear that way to me at the time. I had to release it away from the kids as they were determined to squash it.

I was on a equipment startup in New Zealand a few years ago. I found and caught a Tree Wētā when having dinner with the mill manager and his family. They all told me that they are dangerous and poisonous, whereas I thought it was simply a strange looking grasshopper. I don't know if they are poisonous or dangerous, did not appear that way to me at the time. I had to release it away from the kids as they were determined to squash it.
One of these I assume, this is a bronze life size one we have on our wall. They are not poisonous as such, but they will bite, and the bite can get infected because of the germs they carry around.
20220415_111631.jpg

Looks pretty similar. Lots of things can bite but often do not, the Weta I found seemed pretty mellow and did not show any aggression or even a strong desire to get away, though its not like I have a load of experience with them only seeing one.

Most reactions

Back